New Planes/Routes for SKW & Alaska

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
SkyWest has announced eight new E175 aircraft to be flown for Alaska Airlines.
SkyWest Adds Eight Embraer E175s to Fleet, Replacing Older Regional Jets... -- ST. GEORGE, Utah, June 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

ST. GEORGE, Utah, June 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SkyWest Airlines announced today that they will purchase eight new, dual-class Embraer E175 jets to fly for Alaska Airlines. The new planes, to be delivered in 2016, will replace eight older regional jets SkyWest currently flies for the Seattle-based carrier.

The announcement comes the same month SkyWest takes ownership of the first of seven E175s purchased last fall to be flown for Alaska under a capacity purchase agreement (CPA). The regional carrier will begin flying the planes for Alaska on July 1 with the start of new service from Seattle to both Milwaukee and Oklahoma City, and between Portland, Oregon and St. Louis.

"We're pleased to enhance our Alaska Airlines partnership with these new aircraft," said SkyWest, Inc. President Chip Childs. "Our first E175 flights for Alaska will launch next month, and we look forward to continually improving the product we provide to our partner and their customers with eight additional E175 aircraft next year."

The 76-seat E175 jet will feature 12 seats in first class and 64 in coach. Onboard amenities include Alaska Beyond Entertainment featuring free short subject videos and movies and TV shows for purchase direct to customer devices. Inflight Internet access is also available, as well as Alaska Beyond Delicious which offers Pacific Northwest-inspired food and beverages. Additionally, customers seated in first class will enjoy 110 volt power in every seat.

"The E175 is an excellent regional aircraft that offers customers comforts similar to our mainline jets," said Andrew Harrison, executive vice president and chief revenue officer for Alaska Airlines. "The spacious E175 is particularly well-suited for long, thin routes that are too far for our existing regional aircraft."

SkyWest expects to retire its current regional jet fleet flying for Alaska by fall of 2016.
SkyWest expects to retire its current regional jet fleet flying for Alaska by fall of 2016.

As a note, these airplanes do not represent growth but are replacing 700s next year.
Previously announced several weeks ago.

At least the PDX/SEA crews that transition over won't be stuck on 200 rates for all of the soft time.
With all the former regional pilot experience at "legacy" and "mainline" carriers, one would assume the concepts of "scope" would be better understood, and that understanding reflected in the CBAs of the legacy/mainline carriers.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: With all the former regional pilot experience at "legacy" and "mainline" carriers, one would assume the concepts of "scope" would be better understood, and that understanding reflected in the CBAs of the legacy/mainline carriers.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No doubt!!
Old news...
Quote: SkyWest expects to retire its current regional jet fleet flying for Alaska by fall of 2016.

As a note, these airplanes do not represent growth but are replacing 700s next year.

Are they really being "retired" or are they going somewhere else, perhaps replacing some 200s? Who owns these "retiring" aircraft?
Quote: Are they really being "retired" or are they going somewhere else, perhaps replacing some 200s? Who owns these "retiring" aircraft?
I don't know Nevets. It's all a shell game.

Skywest will shrink as will ExpressJet, Envoy, Endeavor, etc.

I think what will really be concerning is if anybody relaxes Scope.

Have you been on the DAL thread recently? Why would a company that's making record profits be willing to agitate its pilot group? I wonder what negotiating chip they have?
Quote: Are they really being "retired" or are they going somewhere else, perhaps replacing some 200s? Who owns these "retiring" aircraft?
2 are owned by Horizon, the rest are leases owned by Wells Fargo. I believe they are actually subleased from Horizon. Type in the tail numbers on faa.gov and it has the registered owners.
How many 700s were being operated for Alaska before the first E175 arrived?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to