MEF Flying at UPS

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: How are you all protected against them moving all the flying to NURPS? Serious question, total outsider looking in.
I can think of a few labor laws. UPS (Atlanta) dislikes all pilots and airplanes. They just dislike the NURPS a little less than the UNION pilots. Plus it would be really expensive to have nothing but 300k+ per year Captains flying all your lift.
Quote: ..Plus it would be really expensive to have nothing but 300k+ per year Captains flying all your lift.
$300K+ nurps? The new cadre of über-pilots make much less than the original group, especially the most recent ones. Most senior FOs and all our captains make more money. I doubt there are any über-pilots, except level 2 and up, who make more $$ than real ups pilots.
Quote: $300K+ nurps? The new cadre of über-pilots make much less than the original group, especially the most recent ones. Most senior FOs and all our captains make more money. I doubt there are any über-pilots, except level 2 and up, who make more $$ than real ups pilots.
On this we can disagree.
Rocco,
New hire NURPs, post 2007 or so, don't have the same compensation of the older guys. I remember a NURP back in the late 90's telling me his bonus was 90K! The new guys get the equivalent of our sick checks now. Also their retirement is a 4% 401K match. It's not the financial bonanza it used to be. Close friend of mine says you have to be crazy to become a NURP today versus a regular IPA line pilot.
One the latest nurps flying our a/c was hired at 106 k a yr, at least that's what I was told, roughly 60% of what a second year IPA fo makes!
Quote: One the latest nurps flying our a/c was hired at 106 k a yr, at least that's what I was told, roughly 60% of what a second year IPA fo makes!
Recently they hired a sim instructor who'd lost his faa medical a few years back (fairly young guy with a heart condition). He probably won't be able to reapply for a new medical for several more years. Wish him well, he seems to be a nice dude in a pretty tough spot. That's probably what he's getting paid. The rest of them are getting more but from my understanding they're making less than our captains.
Quote: Recently they hired a sim instructor who'd lost his faa medical a few years back (fairly young guy with a heart condition). He probably won't be able to reapply for a new medical for several more years. Wish him well, he seems to be a nice dude in a pretty tough spot. That's probably what he's getting paid. The rest of them are getting more but from my understanding they're making less than our captains.
I agree with you on the new GS instructor. Very knowledgeable.

As far as the compensation of our FQS system I will have to disagree with you.
Quote: ..As far as the compensation of our FQS system I will have to disagree with you.
Do you know any of those guys? Sounds like maybe you do? If so what are you hearing?
So far I've flown with 3 out of the most recent "new hires," week+ long trips and although there's no telling how truthful they were they all seemed to be somewhat disappointed in the 'pay & benefits' negotiation process. In fact, as one of them put it - "they said take it or leave it, there wasn't a whole lot of negotiation going on."

It's irrelevant I guess because we shouldn't even be having this conversation but that's a different subject... :-(
Quote: Do you know any of those guys? Sounds like maybe you do? If so what are you hearing?
So far I've flown with 3 out of the most recent "new hires," week+ long trips and although there's no telling how truthful they were they all seemed to be somewhat disappointed in the 'pay & benefits' negotiation process. In fact, as one of them put it - "they said take it or leave it, there wasn't a whole lot of negotiation going on."

It's irrelevant I guess because we shouldn't even be having this conversation but that's a different subject... :-(

Your right about the last part! Sent you a PM.
Quote: Do you know any of those guys? Sounds like maybe you do? If so what are you hearing?

I guess if they wanted some negotiating of benefits, they joined the wrong group of pilots at UPS.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to