RAA 2015 pilot supply panel video

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
pilot supply symposium
I'm afraid if I watch this I'm going to end up throwing my new phone across the room.
Spoiler alert : there's at least one priceless moment when the audience asks the UAL Training Director about ab initio training and they are all caught with their pants down.
"Well it's not THAT bad" after and hour talking about how bad it is.
Who films in fullscreen anymore? If they're that far behind, there's no hope for them.
Quote: Spoiler alert : there's at least one priceless moment when the audience asks the UAL Training Director about ab initio training and they are all caught with their pants down.
"Well it's not THAT bad" after and hour talking about how bad it is.
Yeah, that was gold.
There's also no significant difference between millennials and older pilots. I hate that this keeps getting brought up. The idea that they "require guidance," and that their alleged love of social media is somehow relevant to anything, and that they're spoiled and think they should get every holiday off always is totally erroneous. Any 20-something flying in a 121 environment has worked their tail off to get there that early in life and is a go-getter. They know the score, they know the industry, they know what to expect for pay and schedule, and they sacrifice endlessly commuting for years while sitting on reserve and making peanuts.

They want to recruit young pilots? Step one: don't treat them like they're spoiled irresponsible naive teenagers.
Quote: I'm afraid if I watch this I'm going to end up throwing my new phone across the room.
I set my phone down away from me. Unfortunately, I was watching on my iPad which is almost equally throwable. If I could post obscene words on this forum, this is where I would start using them.
I will try to watch when I have time, but can anybody tell me if this panel has any *current* pilots, preferably regional pilots giving testimony or asking questions? I'm not talking 'used to be a pilot 20 years ago, been management ever since' types.

Please tell me this isn't another management stroke fest where they muse about how they reckon things ought to be. I bet there was a lot of pining for the good old days when scads of pilots were throwing themselves at any flying job they could find.
^^ It is. There is one current female pilot on the panel. Late 20's, UND JetBlue pipeline. She sure had it tough and speaks for all of us...
The panel cannot even answer the most basic questions. The reason is because the wrong organization is attempting to spearhead a solution to a problem that they cannot possibly hope to solve. If the associations that represent the large major airlines cannot come together and participate or even acknowledge that there is a problem, where does that leave things?

I fail to understand the purpose of the RAA's existence to begin with? Who pays their salaries anyway? Is it just small airports? I'm not even sure major airlines recognize RAA as any form of legitimate advocacy. Their charter seems unclear.
I got half way through it and just didn't want to waste my time any further. They're just spinning their wheels to make it look like they're doing something. If McDonald's and Walmart held a seminar complaining about how they were having difficulty finding entry level employees, we'd all roll our eyes and say, "Duh, you pay crap wages."

It looks like a similar seminar, except McDonald's and Walmart could not even be bothered to show up to comment. The same eye rolling from me and oh yeah, "Duh, you pay crap wages."
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to