Commutable Regional From South Florida

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
I don't know where the OP got the idea that MIA is senior at Republic. Looks like it's pretty junior right now. Most junior FO there has 7 months seniority. You wont get it out of training, but I'm not convinced it would take long to get in.
Quote: You shouldn't be on these forums if you can't laugh a little.
You're probably right, I spend too much time looking at the PSA and Envoy threads, and get too ****ed off.
Quote: I don't know where the OP got the idea that MIA is senior at Republic. Looks like it's pretty junior right now. Most junior FO there has 7 months seniority. You wont get it out of training, but I'm not convinced it would take long to get in.

No growth there right now. Though. 3 months with no fo vacancies.
Quote: I guess any of the LGA/EWR/JFK bases do offer a lot of options to get there, thanks for that input. Did you end up having a crash pad there too or was that never necessary?
No, i fortunately had some family to stay with up there while on reserve, then held a commutable line.
Quote: No growth there right now. Though. 3 months with no fo vacancies.

I've heard Republic is pulling out of DCA and moving those planes to MIA. PSA is taking over Republic's DCA flying with 700/900s and will be parking at the mainline gates.
Quote: I've heard Republic is pulling out of DCA and moving those planes to MIA. PSA is taking over Republic's DCA flying with 700/900s and will be parking at the mainline gates.

I'm hoping to get a displacement to Miami when that happens
Keep in mind that calendar showed 12 days off. Most regionals don't give reserves more than 11 (some even just 10) days off a month. Commuting to reserve is bad if you are single. Married and commuting to reserve is a good way to become single.
Quote: I've heard Republic is pulling out of DCA and moving those planes to MIA. PSA is taking over Republic's DCA flying with 700/900s and will be parking at the mainline gates.
I heard the same thing about the downsizing. We'll go from 60+ departures a day down to 22. As for the planes going to MIA, my money is on them going to New York. Looks like they have us doing LGA-MEM and LGA-JAX for American with the 69-seat E170s.
There is one example of why moving to a base for a regional does not work out at times....

Best of luck to those affected by the change in DCA.
Where did you here this?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to