True cost of the sales job

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: No, I can't. Has DAL furloughed a ton of pilots? Unless you are using FA math, the cost per pilot is under 1/5th of what you calculated.
Oh man I screwed that one up. I am a rocket surgeon so I guess that is why I did that. In any case they blew 1.5 million selling us this deal.

Hey DALPA, next time send us a TA that doesn't need selling and save us all 1.5 million in dues. Ridiculous.
Quote: It's probably 90% FPL.
And 90% of that goes to guys who have no business doing what they are doing for ALPA as the Communications Chairman so perfectly showed us this week.
Quote: According to chit chat:

It wasn't $750,000.

It was $1.48 million.
$1.48 mil to sell a P.O.S. TA?!!!! Don't let these guys get into government or they'll figure a way to cost me even more.
The same document had C2012 at $1.1M, that's 23% more selling.
I figure a decent pro/con paper sent to 12500 of us at $2 a pop would be $25K to get a good TA sold. The social media will do the rest.
Normally I believe the company reimburses the union for all the costs association with negotiating a new contract. I am guessing since they didn't sell this one we get to eat that 1.5M...
I think this action falls under the definition of :

Malfeasance is the willful and intentional action that injures a party.
Let's see, we pay over 50 million in dues every year to ALPA. They give DALPA 16 million back for our operation.

I don't feel like I am being represented considering what we pay in.

Agency Shop has made them greedy and lazy.
Agency shop is not the problem, its who you elect.
According to sources, more than two-thirds of that was for FPL for P2P and other individuals for whom the membership is responsible to Delta for the reimbursement of trips dropped.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to