CAE vs Flight Safety Instructor Job?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
What all does the bonus program consist of?

Quote: It also depends on the program as well as experience. There are Level 3 or Level 4 Instructors. Level 3 covers turboprops and small jets and Level 4 programs start with mid-sized and up, jets. Right now the lowest I'm hearing on the turboprops is around 70k with a 5-10k signing bonus. Again its all on the experience level too. It may vary either way. Also we have a great bonus program built in, in addition to your base salary. To some this may be low, but what I've heard is that our health benefits are far superior than CAE. No co-insurance/deductibles. How do I know that? Well we have had instructors go over there and end up coming back to FlightSafety, just because of the training environment and politics. Also I have some personal friends over there too. Totally different, nothing negative just different philosophy. I'm a current FSI instructor and am happy to answer any questions.
What does the timeline look like from new hire to program manager? Does the move up in management translate to a better QoL, or is it purely a salary increase?

Quote: Starting pay is different from center to center. The ability to move up in management is increasing. This is due to high turnover company wide. First management position is Program Manager.
Quote: A previous poster commented about premium pay for >10 Hours duty time. What about the 8in24 rule for Part 142 instruction?
Does classroom count?
Quote: Does classroom count?
No, classroom doesn't count. Recurrent ground instructors (where I was anyway) could expect to do double ground schools (0730-1130 and 1200-1600 or 1200-1600 and 1630-2030) 6 days a week.

Or ground in the morning followed by sim in the afternoon, or vice versa.
FSI has raised their base pay to 92K for most airframes just FYI.
Pickle and sevenforseven.....I sent you a PM regarding FSI...thanks
Hi, wondering if anyone has any updated intel on sim instructor hiring/positions at CAE vs. FSI. Looking at West Coast facilities, namely LAS and LGB for the 2 companies respectively. Any information is good, but I'm curious about scheduling/QOL. I'm happy to chat via PM if that's easier.
Thanks!
Currious if anyone has any updated info on Pay, typical schedules....culture insight, and interview gouge/ process. 2024 is is different annimal in the industry..........
Quote: Currious if anyone has any updated info on Pay, typical schedules....culture insight, and interview gouge/ process. 2024 is is different annimal in the industry..........
Yes Id like to know this also Thanks
I see a lot of instructor positions and right seat fill SIC positions opening at the FSI Wilmington DE location. Any insight on QOL? Any part time positions available?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to