CAE vs Flight Safety Instructor Job?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Few pieces of helpful advice:

1. I'm Canadian and tend to think that all "Canadian" businesses are better than American businesses but Flight Safety is a 100 times better company than CAE. CAE is a real outlier for being a Canadian run company. Flight Safety believes in "training" pilots. CAE believes in "selling" as much training as they can. At flight safety there is generally 1 simulator instructor who does all of your training and has a "vested interest" in you passing the training. At CAE each day you get a new instructor and hopefully at the end you pass. It is easy to fall through the cracks.

2. CAE uses training contracts. Flight Safety does not anymore.

3. I'd say about 75% of the people who work as simulator instructors have lost their medicals.

4. There are center to center differences instruction quality for both Flight Safety and CAE.

5. CAE's bread and butter is in medical training. CAE's market capitalization is way greater than flight safety. It doesn't surprise me that CAE's flight training kind of sucks, when the companies main business unit is not aviation.

6. I would rather work at the FAA than CAE. CAE is a garbage company and I hope that more operators stop using them for flight simulator training.
Quote: 5. CAE's bread and butter is in medical training. CAE's market capitalization is way greater than flight safety. It doesn't surprise me that CAE's flight training kind of sucks, when the companies main business unit is not aviation.
Not remotely true. CAE just sold its entire medical simulation business. And CAE's main business unit is simulator manufacturing, not training services, althoguh it is a large part.
I've attended too many FSI & CAE events to count. Both were very good.

IDK what bearing lost medical certificates have to do with training. I had instruction from both & I could not tell the difference.

HD
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to