321 windshear in CLT, tailstrike

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to

Quote: I though that was only for line holders....no, haven't heard anything.
Back in the early 2000's guess the line holders had this guy on the list. Someone mentioned no more NO FLY LIST en passing over at C&R after the merger. I never had one.
I found the ATC recording. Lots of wind shear. Weather directly over the top of the field. Can't tell 100% but sounds like they didn't know they hit the tail at all. Interesting to see what comes about out of this. To me kinda sounded like a normal wind shear day in a hub, their number just came up. They reported a -20 knot loss at 10 ft.
Quote: ...........
Holy crap!
Quote: Pictures out. Doesn't look good.
Everybody walked away, could have been worse.
What's been said is, PHX crew, FO was PF, Flaps FULL, tail hit approach lights while initiating go around, came back around and landed, engines sucked up FOB from lights left on runway, airplane totaled....
Quote: What's been said is, PHX crew, FO was PF, Flaps FULL, tail hit approach lights while initiating go around, came back around and landed, engines sucked up FOB from lights left on runway, airplane totaled....
Sounds like what's been said to you is not quite the truth. I mean, if you look at the pictures, you'd be silly to think that's damage from approach lights vice "dragging" the runway briefly.
Do you guys not use "Vmgs - min groundspeed" for windshear conditions or does your box not give you that?
Quote: Do you guys not use "Vmgs - min groundspeed" for windshear conditions or does your box not give you that?
How would the outcome have been with the company-preferred Flaps 3?
Quote: What's been said is, PHX crew, FO was PF, Flaps FULL, tail hit approach lights while initiating go around, came back around and landed, engines sucked up FOB from lights left on runway, airplane totaled....
I don't get the engine FOB comment. Must be the weak coffee this morning ...
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to