SFO 737 and 320

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Since SFO is dropping so much, can someone post a bid sheet for SFO on the 737 and 320? Just so some of us can have an idea what the flying is like. Thanks.
Don't think company wants that info out to public... Has hotels, transport companies, etc...
Quote: Don't think company wants that info out to public... Has hotels, transport companies, etc...
This.

But, if you are junior in SFO on either fleet you can anticipate plenty of red eye flying. In addition, the 737 also flies west from SFO (HI) while the 320 does not.
Guppy: more one leg days but with more red eyes and double redeyes (2 red eyes in a four day trip). No tray table.

Fifi: more multi leg days but less red eyes and few if any double red eyes. Oh....and a tray table.
Worstpilotever
Chk pm pls.
Thx
DW
A320 is a FAR superior place to spend time. Not even close. A320 flying at present is usually 2 legs a day, far fewer all-nighters, and generally much more pleasant. The 737 does Hawaii, but if you're junior you won't see it much. TONS of all-nighters, more Latin America and Carribean, and longer legs. On the plus side there is more variety on the 737 because it's twice as large of a crew base.

The thing about the flying is that it can change at the drop of a hat, except the A320's won't ever be headed to Hawaii.

I've flown both out of SFO and to me the A320 is much more desiresable.
I agree totally. All things being equal the bus is far more desirable. If your relative seniority on the guppy is much better than on the bus then it might worth being on the guppy.
Thanks for all of the great info. Is posting the bid package against company policy? If not, can someone post it for September? Thanks.
Quote: Thanks for all of the great info. Is posting the bid package against company policy? If not, can someone post it for September? Thanks.
Perhaps not against company policy, but against good judgement in this day and age.
Quote: Thanks for all of the great info. Is posting the bid package against company policy?
Technically, yes.

UAL actually has a fairly strict "social media" policy involving company documents, although I only know of one pilot ever disciplined over it---and for good cause in that particular instance.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to