Republic Offering $40/hr First Year Pay

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 12
Go to
Quote: I am a CFII, MEI and a pt 91 biz jet pilot.

Why would a part 91 "biz jet" pilot even bother to say they're a CFII or MEI? Like it's some kind of outstanding qualification none of us have. Get out of here.
Quote: Why would a part 91 "biz jet" pilot even bother to say they're a CFII or MEI? Like it's some kind of outstanding qualification none of us have. Get out of here.
He probably has a student pilot certificate too!
Hey Ace let me know when you hit the line so I can ride on your jumpseat. Sounds like you could teach all of us mirror foggers a thing or two about how to fly a swept wing jet and I don't want to miss out!
Quote: I am a CFII, MEI and a pt 91 biz jet pilot. In all likelihood, I will be a new-hire at a regional in the near future, but even at my young age, I do not fool myself.

I never said that pilots shouldn't make more money. My point is that a new-hire regional airline pilot does not and should not make more than a senior legacy FA.

There is a reason that there is a saying about "fogging a mirror" and getting hired to fly a Barbie Fun Jet as an FO.

Getting your certs and time to qualify for regional FO is not some great feat. You egomaniacs need to get over yourselves.
If you think it's no sweat flying a "Barbie Fun Jet", look up Pinnacle Airlines Flight 3701. Those guys thought the CRJ was "fun jet" too, until they lost BOTH engines and their lives due to treating an airliner like a "fun jet". The fogging the mirror thing is because mgmt. has made being a regional pilot so bad, that no one wants to do it anymore. Not because it is easy to get to that level.
ACe sounds like he's the real deal, I bet HE has what it takes to make it at Republic.
Quote: I am a CFII, MEI and a pt 91 biz jet pilot. In all likelihood, I will be a new-hire at a regional in the near future, but even at my young age, I do not fool myself.

I never said that pilots shouldn't make more money. My point is that a new-hire regional airline pilot does not and should not make more than a senior legacy FA.

There is a reason that there is a saying about "fogging a mirror" and getting hired to fly a Barbie Fun Jet as an FO.

Getting your certs and time to qualify for regional FO is not some great feat. You egomaniacs need to get over yourselves.
This dude's mom/dad is obviously a senior FA guys. It's the only reason I can think of that can make someone so defensive about senior FA's making more money than a regional FO
Quote: .

My point is that a new-hire regional airline pilot does not and should not make more than a senior legacy FA.
Really? Maybe you should do some serious self evaluation. Perhaps you shouldn't be paid above a legacy FA due to competence, lack of awareness and obvious confidence issues. We all know you just key the mic and flip gear for the citation I or II and not actually fly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned your CFI's.

Many guys if not all within the regional world flew as a CFI, cargo, pipeline, traffic ect... Also, I am willing to bet 70-80% have some form of higher education... Want to know who my FA's former employers were? Pet smart (groomer) and the other was a cashier @ Hot Topic. Now, I know some FAs had a career and some even attended college but those are far and few between...

IMHO, you'd fit in great at GoJets and PSA
Quote: Really? Maybe you should do some serious self evaluation. Perhaps you shouldn't be paid above a legacy FA due to competence, lack of awareness and obvious confidence issues. We all know you just key the mic and flip gear for the citation I or II and not actually fly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned your CFI's.

Many guys if not all within the regional world flew as a CFI, cargo, pipeline, traffic ect... Also, I am willing to bet 70-80% have some form of higher education... Want to know who my FA's former employers were? Pet smart (groomer) and the other was a cashier @ Hot Topic. Now, I know some FAs had a career and some even attended college but those are far and few between...

IMHO, you'd fit in great at GoJets and PSA
Exactly what I was thinking. This tool has future PSA pilot written all over him.
Quote: I never said that pilots shouldn't make more money. My point is that a new-hire regional airline pilot does not and should not make more than a senior legacy FA.
Good. So you shouldn't be disappointed when you make your transition from the cabin to the cockpit.

*tsk tsk* people, your trolldar is weak. He is clearly just trying to get a rise out of all you guys. Haha, it made reading this thread hilarious though.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 12
Go to