Augmented Duty Periods 767 w/No Rest Area

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
I would think the future will have the 76 flying to both Asia and Europe, then crews flying 75's inter Asia and Europe and then flying home. The 11 will be used on segments where the 76 can't haul enough. The 11 does over 8hrs now with just the dog pad, aka, futon.
Quote: I would think the future will have the 76 flying to both Asia and Europe, then crews flying 75's inter Asia and Europe and then flying home. The 11 will be used on segments where the 76 can't haul enough. The 11 does over 8hrs now with just the dog pad, aka, futon.
Yes, but in the 11 you can get out of the cockpit and stretch out to rest!
Right. And did anyone think the company would ever let the 76 go over 8hrs? The company line when the 11 was bought was the same issue, it wouldn't need a crew rest area. Now it does and the one on the airplane sucks. The 76 in my opinion, is going to be flying across the Atlantic once enough airframes are on the property. And look for the 777 flying ULR with 5 guys and doing two stops.
Quote: ...the 76 in my opinion, is going to be flying across the Atlantic once enough airframes are on the property. And look for the 777 flying ULR with 5 guys and doing two stops.
Yep!

Exactly the concern with the company's gained efficiencies in 18hr final deviation checkin, giving up 1st class for lie-flat seats, HILO, etc... The company knows where we system form will be going with these airplanes, we don't. They have gained efficiencies in the TA that feel small now, but will dominate our international flying not too long from now.
Quote: And look for the 777 flying ULR with 5 guys and doing two stops.
I believe that is incorrect.

Sec 12 E.2. of the TA limits the Number of Landings in a Duty Period with a ULR Flight Segment to 1.
Yes, but you only get paid ULR rates based on scheduled block.

So, if you are scheduled to block 15:55, and you actually block 16:30, no money for you!

I thought ALPA had all the smart lawyers, and ALPA was going to "tighten up the language"?

How much you want to bet someone will block over 16 hours and not get paid ULR rates?

How much you want to bet the company already knows how they are going to exploit this?

Why didn't "our" NC put the word "actual" in the language?

More "hidden money" we will never see!
Quote:
How much you want to bet someone will block over 16 hours and not get paid ULR rates?
About as often as they block less than 16 hours and do get paid . . .

Same as RFO rules, sometimes you get one when actual block is less than 7:35, sometimes you don't when you block 7:36.
Quote: Right. And did anyone think the company would ever let the 76 go over 8hrs? The company line when the 11 was bought was the same issue, it wouldn't need a crew rest area. Now it does and the one on the airplane sucks. The 76 in my opinion, is going to be flying across the Atlantic once enough airframes are on the property. And look for the 777 flying ULR with 5 guys and doing two stops.
We as a pilot group need to understand that the 757 is going to replace ~12 wide body aircraft over the next couple of years. There is going to be a significant decrease in the number of wide body positions.
So is the new language better or worse than the old language. If we vote no how do lines improve?
Quote: We as a pilot group need to understand that the 757 is going to replace ~12 wide body aircraft over the next couple of years. There is going to be a significant decrease in the number of wide body positions.
This is the range of a 757F with 60,000lbs of cargo. And with airlines dumping 757s, there will be plenty to buy.

1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to