NetJets or Wheels Up

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Sometimes I feel when I read these threads that I must fly for another company , my experience by and large since I returned from exile last September has been one of tours where I have worked hard some tours ,while others have been a breeze. We need better compensation and we are in the midst of a fight for that now. Hotels: everything from a 2500 $ a night townhouse on Martha's Vineyard, to a Best Western ( clean)a 40 minute drive from the airport in Ramona, Cali. Catering : runs the gamut from outstanding to meh, Crews: good people the vast majority of the pairings, overall, again, I am cautiously optimistic about this place. Fortunately this is the best hiring environment in eons, go to the place that makes you happy. Cheers, Godspeed , and out : )
So are we.

Quote: I am glad I didn't get hired.
Quote: I interviewed a while ago with NetJets and didn't get the job. I was pretty disappointed at the time, but in hindsight I am glad I didn't get hired.
That's what everyone who gets rejected says.
I have flown about 150 hours since December. Will not break 200 before this Dec. My tours have been pretty relaxed. Most of my hotels have been pretty damn good. Only a handful of crew meals have been less than good.

I agree.....if you do not like it here....get out...and get out now. Quit sucking the life out of the road and crew rooms and the message board. Damn...if you are better than this place, then companies should be lining up to hire you.

Quote: Sometimes I feel when I read these threads that I must fly for another company , my experience by and large since I returned from exile last September has been one of tours where I have worked hard some tours ,while others have been a breeze. We need better compensation and we are in the midst of a fight for that now. Hotels: everything from a 2500 $ a night townhouse on Martha's Vineyard, to a Best Western ( clean)a 40 minute drive from the airport in Ramona, Cali. Catering : runs the gamut from outstanding to meh, Crews: good people the vast majority of the pairings, overall, again, I am cautiously optimistic about this place. Fortunately this is the best hiring environment in eons, go to the place that makes you happy. Cheers, Godspeed , and out : )
Quote: Sometimes I feel when I read these threads that I must fly for another company , my experience by and large since I returned from exile last September has been one of tours where I have worked hard some tours ,while others have been a breeze. We need better compensation and we are in the midst of a fight for that now. Hotels: everything from a 2500 $ a night townhouse on Martha's Vineyard, to a Best Western ( clean)a 40 minute drive from the airport in Ramona, Cali. Catering : runs the gamut from outstanding to meh, Crews: good people the vast majority of the pairings, overall, again, I am cautiously optimistic about this place. Fortunately this is the best hiring environment in eons, go to the place that makes you happy. Cheers, Godspeed , and out : )

Wish I could say the same. Averaging 20+ block per tour with several red eyes, garbage crew food with quite a few deviations among the occasional REALLY good meal (a couple were absolutely phenomenal), hotels running the gamut, most fine but the lack of breakfast in many is getting old. Totally agree on the crew pairings though.
Not to take from your post but there is a Doubletree, five mins from the Best Western Poway, they had no problem finding when we refused the BW.
I will remember that ,thanks brother !!!
Where do you apply?
Hi,

Just wondering, does anyone have the HR info to apply for pilot positions with Wheels up?

What's the Chief Pilots name?
What's the best way to make contact with a human for find out more?

Thanks for the help.

DesertFalcon
Check out the WheelsUp/Gama thread on the 135 forum.
Quote: That's what everyone who gets rejected says.
Well lets see, I'm making about $40k a year more than I would have if I had gotten hired at NetJets, so there is that. Plus I don't have to ride an airliner 4 times a month, I don't have to worry about airport standby, and my normal day is 1 or 2 legs. It'd be nice having a 7/7 schedule, flying a newer airplane, and having a better 401k, but overall I am glad the chips fell where they did.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to