Air Choice One - Anyone have the G/B/U?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
Quote: I've only heard about air choice second hand but I do know they have a 2 year training contract that is not pro-rated ($10,000 I think). I know that they will come after you for the money if you leave early (a guy showed up to serve papers to a former air choice one guy in my training class).
I see them all the time in ORD. I know nothing of the company but from the above quote I would say that isn't cool. Get up to 1200 hours and try Flight Express for some multi time.
Quote: I've only heard about air choice second hand but I do know they have a 2 year training contract that is not pro-rated ($10,000 I think). I know that they will come after you for the money if you leave early (a guy showed up to serve papers to a former air choice one guy in my training class).
It has been my experience that if the company demands a training contract, then you might want to stay away from them. Further more taking a broke pilot to court for a bogus contract in the amount of 10K for basically a C172 with a Turboprop engine just isn't cool. For 10K you could get a B737 type rating.
Quote: I see them all the time in ORD. I know nothing of the company but from the above quote I would say that isn't cool. Get up to 1200 hours and try Flight Express for some multi time.
Wait, Flight Express is still around? I thought Bayside Cap. drove them and USC into the ground....
They were predominantly a C210 fleet, with AirNet running the Barons.
How does one log SIC time in a single-pilot airplane?

'Squatch
Who doesn't know
Quote: How does one log SIC time in a single-pilot airplane?

'Squatch
Who doesn't know
The FAA issued Op Specs and/or the GOM of some 135 operators require the use of a Co-Pilot for a variety of reasons. Regs require a Co-pilot on all 135 IFR passenger flights unless a 3 axis autopilot is in the plane and has been approved by the FAA and the Captain has accepted as operating properly during the preflight.
The good: hey flight time
The bad: deicing procedures
The ugly: the beatings will continue until moral improves.
Quote: How does one log SIC time in a single-pilot airplane?

'Squatch

Who doesn't know

You convince the captain to put on foggles and be a Saftey pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: The FAA issued Op Specs and/or the GOM of some 135 operators require the use of a Co-Pilot for a variety of reasons. Regs require a Co-pilot on all 135 IFR passenger flights unless a 3 axis autopilot is in the plane and has been approved by the FAA and the Captain has accepted as operating properly during the preflight.
And how is a real airline going to feel about your single-pilot single-engine non-TR SIC time?

'Squatch
Who doesn't have to explain anything in his logbook
If you want someone who doesn't matter to give you his opinion on Caravan FO time send me a PM. I'll also be happy to point anyone in the direction of some good low-time starter jobs.

'Squatch
Whose thoughts are overvalued at a penny
Quote: And how is a real airline going to feel about your single-pilot single-engine non-TR SIC time?

'Squatch
Who doesn't have to explain anything in his logbook
Probably about the same they do about a CFI who has spent 1495Hrs in a 152 putt-putting around the pattern and teaching and another 5hrs getting their ME.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to