Empire airlines

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 12 of 13
Go to
Irregardless
Irregardless is not a word. At least not in any English dictionary.
Quote: Irregardless is not a word. At least not in any English dictionary.
Glad we got that cleared up lol
Quote: Not recommended. There's a reason they always have openings. Not the company they used to be. Office and senior pilots leaving due to environment. ATR training program is terrible. Its typically had a huge failure rate, 90% not long ago, irregardless of background. In the past they sent guys to training for 2-3 months straight, away from home. That was Indoc, groundschool, simulator, landings, IOE, and the line, because of "the needs of the company"FYI if your not already a 121 guy expect to sit (Feeder) FO for 4-5 years not making any money and working a lot of very long days per month, but sitting mainly. You can upgrade in a year at a Regional. Plus the ATR is an antique. Ive heard guys come to Empire and watch friends go to a regional the same time and their friend is at a Major before they ever get out of the starving FO seat. Amateur bottom feeder operation these days. Lots of openings for a reason. Sad to see a once good company deteriorate under management

Director of Ops quit awhile ago
New 121 chief pilot quit
Director of training quit
Director of Safety had multiple rapid turnovers until current guy.
Dispatcher not happy
Senior pilots leaving
Don't get sick, don't have personal emergency
Beware of HR

Turbine driver, I see that you opened a new account 4-5 weeks ago to bash your previous Employer... Move on to pester your new co-workers
Quote: Im not sure I've ever met anyone that's flown one
No, that's not true, thousands of pilots at the legacies have all flown it - are on interview boards and are chomping at the bit to hire fellow 580 drivers. I've been assured of this.
Quote: Turbine driver, I see that you opened a new account 4-5 weeks ago to bash your previous Employer... Move on to pester your new co-workers
Baja,
I see you opened an account two years ago solely to give out information on Empire (both the 'Ohana and FedEx sides of the operation). You are obviously Empire management. I don't have a problem with that, nor do I have a problem with Turbine driver posting his opinion of his time at Empire. Both sides are important for people to make an informed decision. If you have any refutations to his viewpoints, feel free to add them. But your post above adds nothing to this thread...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Quote: Turbine driver, I see that you opened a new account 4-5 weeks ago to bash your previous Employer... Move on to pester your new co-workers
Baja Boy, your definition of bashing and mind are different. I find what he and Redbeard are stating to be 100% correct. Looking forward to reading you refutation.
Quote: Baja,
I see you opened an account two years ago solely to give out information on Empire (both the 'Ohana and FedEx sides of the operation). You are obviously Empire management. I don't have a problem with that, nor do I have a problem with Turbine driver posting his opinion of his time at Empire. Both sides are important for people to make an informed decision. If you have any refutations to his viewpoints, feel free to add them. But your post above adds nothing to this thread...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Actually Baja Boy is a Caravan driver and no where near management (other than hanging on the bus in the morning with the CP). I left empire 2 weeks ago and while I wasn’t on the 121 side I agree with nearly all that turbine driver said. I was very glad to move on. While I loved the job, Empire management is an unmitigated mess like most 135s.

Baja Boy however is an ok guy though.
Wow the lyrics are a bit different but the tune is exactly the same at MAC.
Quote:
The ATR (so I've been told) is probably the hardest type rating you'll get.
Whoever told you that must have only gotten a type rating at a regional where they hand them out like candy. The ATR was the easiest type rating I’ve gotten so far. Including the SA227 and B-737. Granted we didn’t use flight safety, but our in house check airman was no walk in the park.
Quote: I mean I guess for pilots who are used to new planes with glass the ATR would seem like an antique, but I actually fly really old airplanes and still have to fly IFR with crap steam gauges so the ATR seems like a step up for me.
But I agree if the majors is your goal you would be silly not to just go to a jet regional.
Thanks for the info anyway.
Sounds like the majors isn’t your goal, which is fine. I’m curious to know what is then.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 12 of 13
Go to