RAH: Is the vote going to pass?

Subscribe
View Poll Results: Will the RAH TA pass?
YES it will pass with >60% in favor
55.88%
Yes it will pass marginally (51% in favor)
21.57%
No it will not pass marginally (45% in favor)
10.78%
NO it will be struck down with <40% in favor
11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Anything concerning cancellation pay?
Yes. Leg by leg.
Quote: No it does not. They will be operated by Republic. Cheapest labor in the 130 seat market. Management got one over again.
It doesn't say anything because they will never turn a wheel
Quote: It doesn't say anything because they will never turn a wheel
But there are orders for them. Seems short sighted to not have payrates for something that the company has committed to. If they aren't going to be on property company could have put whatever payrates they wanted on paper. As it stands it's set up to be decided by arbitration. How did that work out for the Q400 as a jet, or the other time it wasn't a jet, or the time the seat in the 190 wasn't actually a seat? See what I'm getting at?
Quote: But there are orders for them. Seems short sighted to not have payrates for something that the company has committed to. If they aren't going to be on property company could have put whatever payrates they wanted on paper. As it stands it's set up to be decided by arbitration. How did that work out for the Q400 as a jet, or the other time it wasn't a jet, or the time the seat in the 190 wasn't actually a seat? See what I'm getting at?
Oh I know I was there for all of that mess.....but RAH will never again be anything more than a feeder airline. the C series will never see the light of day at RAH
Quote: But there are orders for them. Seems short sighted to not have payrates for something that the company has committed to. If they aren't going to be on property company could have put whatever payrates they wanted on paper. As it stands it's set up to be decided by arbitration. How did that work out for the Q400 as a jet, or the other time it wasn't a jet, or the time the seat in the 190 wasn't actually a seat? See what I'm getting at?

That's a valid point but realistically we will never fly those. If we do start flying them we have bigger problems in the industry than whether we have a current rate for them or not. Also you'll never find a perfect contract. If you vote no for every minor issue you find you'd never vote yes. You have to weigh the pros and cons. There are certainly cons in this, but the pros outweighed the cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Oh I know I was there for all of that mess.....but RAH will never again be anything more than a feeder airline. the C series will never see the light of day at RAH
NEVER say NEVER......

What happened on the UAL mid term ESOP vote in the 90's?

Pilots have crappy memories, as well proven to be greedy.

"Scope scope scope!!!!!!! Oh, look at that money they're offering!!!!!"
Quote: Oh I know I was there for all of that mess.....but RAH will never again be anything more than a feeder airline. the C series will never see the light of day at RAH
Republic can do FFD in the US for a foreign carrier like Norwegian (a company that already contracts out very significant portions of their operation and has tried desperately to break into the US). This will give them a VERY cheap way to do that. This was an opportunity to make management pay a fair rate...even if it was just on paper.

Ultimately there is no reason for a mainline carrier to want a 130 seat C Series aircraft in the current market. I could understand the 100 seat version but not the 130.
Quote: NEVER say NEVER......

What happened on the UAL mid term ESOP vote in the 90's?

Pilots have crappy memories, as well proven to be greedy.

"Scope scope scope!!!!!!! Oh, look at that money they're offering!!!!!"
For sure. Good points. All you had to do was fool a large portion of "Loon" ies and boom...you have a ratified TA. They'll be flying 130 people around for $7 more than the 190 rates.

And E.S. will commute to the furthest outstation possible because God knows he won't get hired anywhere else.
Quote: For sure. Good points. All you had to do was fool a large portion of "Loon" ies and boom...you have a ratified TA. They'll be flying 130 people around for $7 more than the 190 rates.

And E.S. will commute to the furthest outstation possible because God knows he won't get hired anywhere else.
My post wasn't so much about the RAH group as it was the UCH group having it brought up that a contract extension is on the table with certain items to be discussed.

DESPITE being told that scope ISN'T one of the items....
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to