It's official Q400's for Colgan!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
They just released the announcement in Houston. Colgan will be flying 15 Q400's for CAL based out of EWR! Service to start early '08. Colgan to hire 250 new pilots by year end!
good luck getting that many Q's that quick...
I sort of doubt that they're planning on starting service with all 15 planes at once. Probably more like 2, and I do think they'll be able to get that many that quick.
so I guess that means whenever CAL gets the opportunity they will take more flying away from us (XJT) and give to the COLGAN guys who I am sure will be flying them for peanuts.
You just had to jump ship, didn't you?
hahaah dude I still, and never will regret leaving COLGAN. COLGAN will Always be COLGAN and its still a Turbo-prop, and I can almost guarantee you, you guys won't be getting paid 70 seat pay.
SAAb you *******ed up, should of stayed at Colagan Bro..!! HaHa--
And what makes you think If i stayed there I would be able to Hold the Q400, number 2 COLGAN WILL ALWAYS BE COLGAN. 3 I did my time in the Turboprops it was fun, but no thanks, and 4 did I mention COLGAN WILL ALWAYS BE COLGAN. ANOTHER mistake by CAL if you ask me, See what happens when the the BEANCOUNTERS take over, CAL is just like every other airline now
Quote: hahaah dude I still, and never will regret leaving COLGAN. COLGAN will Always be COLGAN and its still a Turbo-prop, and I can almost guarantee you, you guys won't be getting paid 70 seat pay.
For once I agree with Saab. I doubt that the Colgan pilots will get paid what they should for 70 seat pay. They are the lowest paid Saab340 pilots out there. The quick upgrade was always the reason to keep FO pay down, but now that you can upgrade in a jet quicker at SKW and Pinnacle than a T-prop at Colgan I think they may have to change their pay structure to fill classes.

No matter how you cut it, I think this is good news for the Colgan pilots. They deserve it. Hope it works out for you guys.
I agree with DUVIE as well, the Colgan guys I flew with were great guys I am happy for them, but how many pilots at Colgan will fly em, I mean 15 planes is what??? 200 pilots total for em???????????????
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to