FDX Which aircraft?

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to
Quote: As a poolie that is hopeful classes will resume soon, I’m interested on what you would suggest in 2020. I know 767 deliveries continue for several more years. A310s are gone, MD10s are making their way out. 76 bid pack improved? 777 have more domestic flying? Thanks.

take whatever they offer and don’t even worry about it
Quote: did not mean to imply the class of all HKG had anything to do with the virus

simply replying to the above post of no classes that a HKG class was at least probable prior to the late date that was stated above
Didn't take it that way.
COVIDs going to have an economic impact, which will ripple through our flying and manning decisions.
If it's resolved quickly, with the various vaccines internet stories have, all good. If it drags on, not quite as rosy of a picture. There's only so many extra bodies FedEx will want to carry.
Quote: Hiring planning was done pre COVID

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear they’ve slipped.
nor would I be surprised to hear they’ve decided to enter 4A2B in April if there’s a big enough hit to flying hours
For someone that claims to be so be so well versed in the contract you should review what it takes to enter into 4a2b
Quote: As a poolie that is hopeful classes will resume soon, I’m interested on what you would suggest in 2020. I know 767 deliveries continue for several more years. A310s are gone, MD10s are making their way out. 76 bid pack improved? 777 have more domestic flying? Thanks.
No more new hires on the MD, so at least that eliminates one.
SAM below 68.
Company has been buying up lines to 68 in the 75 since last summer

Any idea what the impact would be on the SAM if HKG flying went to 0.

And, how quickly would the companies violation of the CBA be resolved if they entered 4A2B early?
Quote: Not a commuter, live locally, no FDA. I have 3 small kids and have been commuting for a regional for too long, excited to live in base and be present in their lives more. I have very little int’l experience, Mexico, South America and Western Europe. Not sure if I’d love or hate long haul int’l, but I have definitely seen enough of the Midwest, South and Northeast to last me a lifetime, so only domestic West coast sounds interesting at this point.
I'd highly recommend the 767 for a local with kids.

1) The fleet is growing rapidly.
2) The bid pack continues to improve and will only get better and more diverse.
3) Easy to drop/swap/manipulate your schedule when you're dealing with smaller trip footprints.
4) You'll have plenty of opportunity for Mexico and Canada. Possibly get some rare opportunities for ETOPS or Euro trips.
5) It will prepare you well for your most likely Captain Upgrade (757).
6) You can shotgun your schedule to accommodate the kids/family needs. Less likely to miss important events with 2-3 day trips.
Quote: SAM below 68.
Company has been buying up lines to 68 in the 75 since last summer

Any idea what the impact would be on the SAM if HKG flying went to 0.

And, how quickly would the companies violation of the CBA be resolved if they entered 4A2B early?

So to say you are correct, you are saying that the company will intentionally violate the contract and enter 4a2b early even though the contract clearly states that the SAM must be below 68/85/102 hours for two consecutive bid periods. Unbelievable!
Quote: .........

So to say you are correct, you are saying that the company will intentionally violate the contract and enter 4a2b early even though the contract clearly states that the SAM must be below 68/85/102 hours for two consecutive bid periods. Unbelievable!
you must not fly with many regional guys.

had more than one comment about their history with CBA compliance elsewhere.

nor the often repeated anecdotes that FedEx has far fewer grievances than most airlines
Quote: It depends. What kind of flying do you want? Are you a commuter? Live in Memphis? Do you desire domestic/intl? Want FDA?
What is FDA? From the context I gather it refers to foreign bases. I have zero interest I. HKG and that was before the Coronavirus but one of the appeals of FedEx is CGN. Anyone have all the ins and outs for it? I understand there is a five year limit due to German law. I saw contractors punching out left and right during the late 90s when things changed over there.
Quote: you must not fly with many regional guys.

had more than one comment about their history with CBA compliance elsewhere.

nor the often repeated anecdotes that FedEx has far fewer grievances than most airlines
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to