"Why do you wish to join this airline?"

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Filling out some apps and trying to see what might be some appropriate answers. Any suggestions?
"Cuz XYZ airlines serves the best crew meals"

Or

"Cuz the windows are bigger"

This is gonna be fun, I can't wait to see the next posts😀
Because you have a domicile I desire.
Convince us that you want to work for us. No airline wants to waste time or money recruiting and training a pilot that is not going to stick around for some period of time. If/when you get the interview you need to be able to explain your answer satisfactorily. Don't say you have always wanted to work for airline X because ______(fill in the blank) and then be unable to talk about airline X in some detail when asked what you know about it.

Jim
Because I can't get an interview anywhere else..
Talk about how they have the best looking stewardesses in the industry.
I heard this from a friend who retired from AD USAF many years ago.

He purchased a house from a separating AF pilot back in the 1980s. This pilot was hired by AA. In the attic, he left behind some copies of his airline applications. Two of those applications were to DL and AA.

My friend said this question, as posted by Iron Maiden, was posed on both applications. My friend said one read something like this "ever since joining the AF, I came across many ANG and AFRes pilots who said nothing but good things and ever since meeting these people, I wanted to fly for the best airline around and that's American Airlines." There was a small problem in that he used a word processing program to do this and the above statement appeared on his Delta application.
I just told the recruiter. I try to define my expectations from the beginning of any venture. In doing so, I defined my expectations of working for this "xyz" airline as the worst possible place to be in the whole stinking heap of the airline world. That way if it turns out to an awful place to work. Where every person you interact with tells you there leaving for a better airline ASAP. Then it will be what I expected and I will be content working at said airline. If it gets any better than that? Bonus!!!! Hurray for me.

The best way to be content as an airline pilot is to set realistic expectations from the start. Keep them low and you will be happy.
Quote: Because you have a domicile I desire.
Million ways to skin this cat, but this was my answer.

Give an answer that makes it seem that you won't bail when someone else calls
Quote: Million ways to skin this cat, but this was my answer.

Give an answer that makes it seem that you won't bail when someone else calls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM

I've got no where else to go
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to