Compass Updates - Saga Continues

Subscribe
38  78  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  98  138  188  588  1088 
Page 88 of 1327
Go to
Quote: It's the Honeywell Epic Primus FMS NZ. The company releases new builds frequently. The functionality is limited by the company. For example, I heard that eventually the load and cargo sheet will be loaded automatically into the FMS by Delta and relayed into the cockpit.
In training do you guys use the Honeywell training tutorials or your own stuff?

I was asking about what flight software you use on the iPads, Jeppesen or something else?
Quote: In training do you guys use the Honeywell training tutorials or your own stuff?

I was asking about what flight software you use on the iPads, Jeppesen or something else?
Yeah we use a computer based fms trainer as well as physical IPTs.

We don't use Jepps, we use Lido charts. It's like comparing Coca-Cola to RC Cola. They're both Colas but....you know...
Quote: Yeah we use a computer based fms trainer as well as physical IPTs.

We don't use Jepps, we use Lido charts. It's like comparing Coca-Cola to RC Cola. They're both Colas but....you know...
Lol, perfect comparison.
Quote: Cant wait to see all the delays that would cause
Mainline does it via acars, works pretty sweet actually. How often does our ACARS not work? For real? Works pretty good if you ask me. 99.5% of the time it works. The other .5% we call dispatch to run the numbers for us, and even 90% of that .5% is just the fact you are deep in the alley at LAX and cant get a signal. Big deal, call dispatch once in a blue moon. This would just improve the other 99.5%. Im sure we would still be given the hard copy of the CLR anyway, so its not like we wouldn't know whats down there.
Auto-loaded bags and cargo? Sweet! That saves like 2-4 keystrokes.
Quote: Auto-loaded bags and cargo? Sweet! That saves like 2-4 keystrokes.
I think it would help with last minute additions when we've already closed the door. One less thing to input and re-run. The new data would just pop up. But you're right, we've gotten so used to it though that it would probably not make a difference.
Quote: I think it would help with last minute additions when we've already closed the door. One less thing to input and re-run. The new data would just pop up. But you're right, we've gotten so used to it though that it would probably not make a difference.
We'd save no time at all and probably end up burning more time as the company would have us run a checklist to make sure the numbers were entered correctly, followed by a QRH procedure to confirm that the checklist was done correctly.
Quote: We'd save no time at all and probably end up burning more time as the company would have us run a checklist to make sure the numbers were entered correctly, followed by a QRH procedure to confirm that the checklist was done correctly.
This exactly. Our procedures don't let us get "out" until we have the numbers. Our performance will take a hit until we can operate similar to mainline with the brake off at the gate. Door close at mainline - instant out time.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Quote: This exactly. Our procedures don't let us get "out" until we have the numbers. Our performance will take a hit until we can operate similar to mainline with the brake off at the gate. Door close at mainline - instant out time.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
They're working on that as well.
Quote: They're working on that as well.
Can you elaborate at all? Last time I heard about this was in the October-ish CP newsletter. Or maybe Compass Points or something from sometime last fall
38  78  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  98  138  188  588  1088 
Page 88 of 1327
Go to