737 MAX covered by current contract?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Ahh....from someone who may not be that familiar with the RLA and status quo. So a pilot refuses a jet with 5 write ups when historically, over his 15 year career, he flew jets time and time again with even more write ups. Could Company fire you? Of course. Depends how far the Company wants to take it. RLA is against the pilots today - you don't have nearly the leverage you once had.
I think what Whack may have been referring to, or at least how I took it, is the process of not letting maintenance know of minor things like logo lights, wheel well lights, or seat issues, etc. and carrying them instead of writing them up all to save the almighty dollar...
Quote: I think what Whack may have been referring to, or at least how I took it, is the process of not letting maintenance know of minor things like logo lights, wheel well lights, or seat issues, etc. and carrying them instead of writing them up all to save the almighty dollar...
That's precisely it and also to keep the operation running on time. Some of those items weren't that minor either. If it's broken do your damn job and write it up no matter how minor it is or in what city you discover it. Simple.
I assume you are holding up your end of the bargain and refuse to fly a broke jet? What are your thoughts on the new SWAPA platform and are you wearing your pin?
Quote: I assume you are holding up your end of the bargain and refuse to fly a broke jet? What are your thoughts on the new SWAPA platform and are you wearing your pin?
Of course I'm not going to fly a broken aircraft. For the life of me I just can't figure out this reluctance to have maintenance come fix something that needs attention. Actually it goes beyond trying to keep the operation moving as I've witnessed it even on lengthy turns through a maintenance city.
All the best to everyone at Southwest.

You guys (SWAPA) kept the entire profession from falling into an even deeper abyss post-911 by raising the bar while the rest of us were lowering the bar and falling on our collective a$$es. Thank you very much.

Perhaps emphasizing taxi speeds for safety would be beneficial? Anyone know the top speed of a 'brisk walk'?
Quote: You guys (SWAPA) kept the entire profession from falling into an even deeper abyss post-911 by raising the bar while the rest of us were lowering the bar and falling on our collective a$$es. Thank you very much.
Not even close to true, but I am glad to see SWA stepping up and pushing back.
I've never understood the carry it mentality either. Who cares if it's a light or a screw, put it in the damn book and let MX figure it out. It's usually deferrable anyway so it's not like the little stuff throws off the on-time. I wouldn't want to make it easy for the company to detect a "change" in how I treat my aircraft.
Quote: I've never understood the carry it mentality either. Who cares if it's a light or a screw, put it in the damn book and let MX figure it out. It's usually deferrable anyway so it's not like the little stuff throws off the on-time. I wouldn't want to make it easy for the company to detect a "change" in how I treat my aircraft.
You are a very smart man. Thumbs up!
Quote: I assume you are holding up your end of the bargain and refuse to fly a broke jet? What are your thoughts on the new SWAPA platform and are you wearing your pin?

Darn right I am. I love the new platform and YES I am wearing my pin!
Quote: Not even close to true, but I am glad to see SWA stepping up and pushing back.
Really?? How many more mainline flying jobs are the Legacies willing to "outsource" to postpubescent pilots flying Barbie Jets??

Are you aware how many jobs we outsource here at SWA?

ZERO. We NEVER have, and we NEVER will.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to