Endeavor Training

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Have a good attitude and a clear mind. If you aren't current or proficient in some area, try to brush up on it, but that's for you to think through as a personal view. You will be taught all you need to know and how to perform, just be in good spirits.
As a sim instructor at Endeavor, I can tell you that if you try to come prepared by studying other companies procedures, or manuals, you will actually be further behind. If you feel so inclined to study before showing up, I highly recommend studying the FARs or read the Instrument flying handbook. These 2 areas are consistently weak in knowledge for newhires. If you do not have much experience flying glass cockpits, start watching youtube videos of CRJ'S flying so you can start to train your eyes on what to look for. The company lays out the systems that they want you to learn in the order that they present them to you. You will be best prepared for training if you can show up with minimal distractions outside of work. So that means spend as much time with your friends and significant others instead of studying. Once here, apply yourself completely. Stay here on weekends to study. Work in small groups with others from your class. The pilots that are most successful here are the ones that we see sitting in the training center on their days off studying and practicing.
Quote: As a sim instructor at Endeavor, I can tell you that if you try to come prepared by studying other companies procedures, or manuals, you will actually be further behind. If you feel so inclined to study before showing up, I highly recommend studying the FARs or read the Instrument flying handbook. These 2 areas are consistently weak in knowledge for newhires. If you do not have much experience flying glass cockpits, start watching youtube videos of CRJ'S flying so you can start to train your eyes on what to look for. The company lays out the systems that they want you to learn in the order that they present them to you. You will be best prepared for training if you can show up with minimal distractions outside of work. So that means spend as much time with your friends and significant others instead of studying. Once here, apply yourself completely. Stay here on weekends to study. Work in small groups with others from your class. The pilots that are most successful here are the ones that we see sitting in the training center on their days off studying and practicing.
Is it really that hard? I've never spent extra time studying and practicing.
Quote: Ok thanks for the help everyone, but one. I had looked at the "latest and greatest" post but hadn't gotten to page 300, these things have a tendency to get side tracked by Trolls just hating (see above). I do have "everything explained" book, I'll read through that again as well. Again thanks for the help.

Yes, sadly you're correct. You'll see quickly who's contributing to the dialogue and who's distracting. Might have to go a little further back than 300. No need to go back more than a year unless you want context though, as virtually nothing before that still applies. It's literally a totally different company. Good luck, and welcome aboard!
Relax now. Study hard when you get there. Study NOTHING aircraft specific prior to getting Endeavor material, or you will have to unlearn stuff, making it harder on you. Study with your classmates, don't be a lone wolf in your room all the time. The material in ground school is not hard, there is just a lot of info most days.

Pack 2-3 pairs of slacks and a sports coat and tie as opposed to a suit, if you have a sport coat. That way you are not wasting space with a suit. The slacks can be re-used during class. You'll not wear the coat nor tie after day one unless you just want to. 3-4 shirts, depending on how much you enjoy doing laundry. $2 to wash, $2 to dry in the Residence Inn.
Quote: Relax now. Study hard when you get there. Study NOTHING aircraft specific prior to getting Endeavor material, or you will have to unlearn stuff, making it harder on you. Study with your classmates, don't be a lone wolf in your room all the time. The material in ground school is not hard, there is just a lot of info most days.

Pack 2-3 pairs of slacks and a sports coat and tie as opposed to a suit, if you have a sport coat. That way you are not wasting space with a suit. The slacks can be re-used during class. You'll not wear the coat nor tie after day one unless you just want to. 3-4 shirts, depending on how much you enjoy doing laundry. $2 to wash, $2 to dry in the Residence Inn.
Unless something has changed, aren't you suppose to wear a suit the first day of class? That is when employee pictures are taken for ID's.
Quote: Is it really that hard? I've never spent extra time studying and practicing.
No, it isn't. But if one feels inclined to study something, I suggest starting with that. Now, if you are struggling with flows, procedures, or systems knowledge, and you are gone every time you have a 24 hour break, yes, you do need to be here studying. Think of it like this: If you sucks at your job, and half ass your way through training, and somehow make it out onto the line, there are either 50, or 76 people who's lives depends on you knowing this plane and flying it safely and correctly. It's not just about you.
Quote: Is it really that hard? I've never spent extra time studying and practicing.
Just tell them that during your mainline interview. They'll be enlightened and flabbergasted over their over-exuberance.
Hopefully you'll get the 170!!!!!!!! Sweet!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote: Unless something has changed, aren't you suppose to wear a suit the first day of class? That is when employee pictures are taken for ID's.
They're taking the ID pictures on the day you interview now, at least that's how it was this fall.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to