Buddy Pass Rules

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Is the buddy pass rule still in effect, the one in which you have to travel with your buddy from international destinations? I seem to recall an announcement rescinding that rule but not sure.

Thanks
Quote: Is the buddy pass rule still in effect, the one in which you have to travel with your buddy from international destinations? I seem to recall an announcement rescinding that rule but not sure.
Yes and no.

The rule is going to be recinded but has not been done yet.
Quote: The rule is going to be recinded but has not been done yet.
The announcement said it would go into effect this summer. No exact date was given.
More importantly, only give buddy passes to people you do not really like very much. And make sure to use their credit card for payment. Lessons learned...
Quote: More importantly, only give buddy passes to people you do not really like very much. And make sure to use their credit card for payment. Lessons learned...
+1. I'd +2 it if that made sense. I have given away 2 buddy passes to a friend and her daughter and it was an absolute nightmare. I ended-up shelling out over a grand out of my own pocket to get them home just to have it over.
Technique. Do the second spouse thing, or whatever it's called. I registered my very independent and responsible adult nephew three years ago, got him his own logon, and he uses it and has never called me to help. The side benefit is that you lose all your buddy passes. "Sorry, don't have buddy passes anymore."
Quote: Technique. Do the second spouse thing, or whatever it's called. I registered my very independent and responsible adult nephew three years ago, got him his own logon, and he uses it and has never called me to help. The side benefit is that you lose all your buddy passes. "Sorry, don't have buddy passes anymore."

Where do you go to create a login for someone else to use the passes?
Quote: Where do you go to create a login for someone else to use the passes?
employeeRes, Quick Links, Employee Profile. Anybody you've registered will be listed. Just tap "activate" and it walks you through setting up a personalized logon ID and password for them, plus any alerts you want to get when they're using the system. It's actually very well designed. They can only make reservations for themselves, not you or any of your other pass riders.

Here's the guide,

https://employeerespss.coair.com/emp...iderAccess.pdf
A friend of mine and his wife are listed as a buddies. They are going to a wedding and wanted to try despite my repeated attempts to tell them it is not a good idea. I used their credit card to pay for it but I read something on the pass travel site where it may be considered imputed income and tax withholding can happen. Will that come out of my check or will they just bill my friends card? There are over 15 seats available today for his flight so I am not too concerned...
The imputed income tax does come out of your check.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to