Flight Options furloughs again?!?!?!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: This is exactly what your management wants to hear. You ain't leaving no matter how bad it gets....

Not true
Years ago KR was asked if the company model was sustainable in 10-20 years when all the current pilots are being paid___?___top money.

His answer in a long lawyer round about way was....hope for attrition.

Meaning they all move to the airlines.

Makes sense. As the owner trying to maximize profits wouldn't you want a bunch of 1-5 year pilots and not topped out pilot group.
Experience be damned.
Never mind never mind never mind!
Update: last week we had an evidentiary hearing on management's lawsuit and our counter suit. Management called no witnesses and presented almost no evidence. We called three witnesses and presented 1,000 pages of exhibits and evidence. At least twice during the hearing the judge told management's lawyer his arguments were "specious". All in all, a very good day for us. The judge has promised a ruling "very shortly". As I said, I believe this is fixable.
Quote: Update: last week we had an evidentiary hearing on management's lawsuit and our counter suit. Management called no witnesses and presented almost no evidence. We called three witnesses and presented 1,000 pages of exhibits and evidence. At least twice during the hearing the judge told management's lawyer his arguments were "specious". All in all, a very good day for us. The judge has promised a ruling "very shortly". As I said, I believe this is fixable.
The lawsuit by the union against the VSP? Or against a furlough?
Quote: The lawsuit by the union against the VSP? Or against a furlough?
Management filed a lawsuit against us. We filed a counter suit. Because of their filing, an evidentiary hearing was required. This was that hearing. It appears they weren't really prepared because they presented almost nothing. Their lawyer actually said at one point that they thought there would be an extension granted to them. The judge said he issued orders for the hearing to be that day and we would have the hearing. It went very well for us, not so much for them.
Quote: Management filed a lawsuit against us. We filed a counter suit. Because of their filing, an evidentiary hearing was required. This was that hearing. It appears they weren't really prepared because they presented almost nothing. Their lawyer actually said at one point that they thought there would be an extension granted to them. The judge said he issued orders for the hearing to be that day and we would have the hearing. It went very well for us, not so much for them.
That is good to hear
There is a fence negotiation session today. Watch and see if management comes to the table, or tries to surface negotiate again. Contempt of court? Or progress? We shall see...
I noticed on the flight options page in the fractional airline section. It said pay scales to be updated soon? It was last updated in 2011? Does anyone have any current pay numbers?
Quote: I noticed on the flight options page in the fractional airline section. It said pay scales to be updated soon? It was last updated in 2011? Does anyone have any current pay numbers?

We are still under the same contract just in negotiations
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to