Expressjet Domiciles out of training

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Now with the new Ontario domicile, are the classes still split, is it still easy to get Newark?
depends, everybody told us none of us are getting CLE and except for 3 of us we all got CLE, and most wanted EWR so you never know. Either way if you don't get ewr out of training you'll hold it in a few months for sure, that's until COLGAN starts out of ewr then we go down to 160 lines supposedly so I am sure a lot of people will bail from ewr
Expect alot of new hires to be awarded ONT in the next few months. you heard it here first!!!
A new hire second from the bottom of the senority list got ONT, so its going JR... On a side not I'm # 15 on the prelem bid finally no more commuting!
Quote: depends, everybody told us none of us are getting CLE and except for 3 of us we all got CLE, and most wanted EWR so you never know. Either way if you don't get ewr out of training you'll hold it in a few months for sure, that's until COLGAN starts out of ewr then we go down to 160 lines supposedly so I am sure a lot of people will bail from ewr
So they're gonna displace fo's out of Newark? How many lines are there in EWR now? When you say bail, do you actually mean bail, or do you mean GET BAILED?
I don't think there will be any displacements. I don't have the contract in front of me but I'm pretty sure you cannot be displaced unless it's a displacement bid. The only time that happens is when they shrink the base or flying or eliminate an aircraft type.
Why does this seem to be a new thread every week?

Search guys, stop creating needless threads.
Quote: I don't think there will be any displacements. I don't have the contract in front of me but I'm pretty sure you cannot be displaced unless it's a displacement bid. The only time that happens is when they shrink the base or flying or eliminate an aircraft type.
That's what I'm sayin--Saabarooski said they're going down to 160 lines in EWR--Wouldn't that mean shrinking? I guess it's cause of the Cogan stuff coming.
While they may/will be shrinking the number of lines in EWR, they'd have to have an actual Displacement Bid to displace anyone. We haven't had one of those since '02 or maybe early '03, I don't remember. They'd have to post a new Perm Bid with negative vacancies in EWR. Unless they surprise me, they will probably just keep the same number of crews in EWR with more reserves and then slowly shrink through attrition. That's my guess.
Quote: While they may/will be shrinking the number of lines in EWR, they'd have to have an actual Displacement Bid to displace anyone. We haven't had one of those since '02 or maybe early '03, I don't remember. They'd have to post a new Perm Bid with negative vacancies in EWR. Unless they surprise me, they will probably just keep the same number of crews in EWR with more reserves and then slowly shrink through attrition. That's my guess.
exactly..............
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to