17 year old lands after engine failure on t/o

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
But she had to take a selfie:

FULL STORY:
Young pilot walks away from PTC plane crash | TheCitizen.com
Someone else took the picture, I don't think it qualifies as a selfie. More important is the plane a moveable obstruction?
That's no selfie!

If I ever wreck a plane, I'm definitely making that same pose.
"I know..., but it will buff out, right?" or "Ya, but I still won the spot landing contest" (Glad she kept her cool and is OK. Maybe she'll get a call from Harrison Ford...)
Not a selfie.

I'd probably grab a picture too. Not only is she a 17 y/o female flying an airplane, but she just crash landed and walked away. Definitely something to commemorate.
Something about the overall expression she makes in that picture gives me the distinct feeling she does not fully comprehend how extremely fortunate she is to be able to walk away from a crash landing. I realize she is posing, but still. An incident of that nature is not even in the same dimension as if you just wrecked mom's minivan.

I guess it is true that you feel bullet proof at that age and an incident like this only intensifies that feeling.
True statement RP. Also, it appears that airplane was retrofitted with shoulder harnesses, so that might have contributed to the apparent lack of injuries. (There is an STC to add the harnesses; they only came factory in the Aerobat version) At any rate, lucky girl.
Glad she's ok. Not every young student pilot would have been so lucky/skilled/blessed/etc.
Poor kid's ankles...
Quote: Something about the overall expression she makes in that picture gives me the distinct feeling she does not fully comprehend how extremely fortunate she is to be able to walk away from a crash landing. I realize she is posing, but still. An incident of that nature is not even in the same dimension as if you just wrecked mom's minivan.

I guess it is true that you feel bullet proof at that age and an incident like this only intensifies that feeling.
Yeah, I can totally judge people by their pictures too.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to