Changes In Scope

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
Quote: Hearing same thing. Park 50 seaters and add 76 seaters at a 3 to 1 ratio is what I'm hearing. Same play from last time.
I certainly hope so. The C12 scope was a major win. It's not a coincidence we have 1.5 year mainline captains.
Quote: Hearing same thing. Park 50 seaters and add 76 seaters at a 3 to 1 ratio is what I'm hearing. Same play from last time.
3 to 1 or 1 to 3? Is it 1 76 seater for every 3 50 seaters?
Doesn't really seem like a great deal seeing as they are going to park the 50 seaters regardless, no?
Quote: I certainly hope so. The C12 scope was a major win. It's not a coincidence we have 1.5 year mainline captains.
You are funny. Keep telling yourself this.

TEN
Quote: Doesn't really seem like a great deal seeing as they are going to park the 50 seaters regardless, no?
this

filler
Quote: Doesn't really seem like a great deal seeing as they are going to park the 50 seaters regardless, no?
Depends on what they are willing to pay for it. Everything is negotiable. I tend to agree with you, but it would be stupid not to entertain an offer.
Quote: Depends on what they are willing to pay for it. Everything is negotiable. I tend to agree with you, but it would be stupid not to entertain an offer.
only problem is they want us to pay for it.
Quote: only problem is they want us to pay for it.
And you know this, how?
Domestic scope for C2012 worked out well for the guys who became junior captains quickly, and for hiring, although it took longer than anyone thought. But that's from a personal perspective. It was also good because we now carry the passengers instead of the regional affiliates.

A repeat of that might be ok as long as we end up carrying more passengers, we end up with more pilots, and we end up with more jets. If it's just shifting passengers between 50's and 76's I don't think it's a deal we want to take.
3 to 1 would bring in 40 new 76 seaters, that would bring them up to the number of 50 seaters prior to bankruptcy. So in ten years, Delta has maintained the same number of seat miles yet reduced operational footprint by 25%.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to