Any info on Gama/WheelsUp?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: I find the F/O minimum requirements extremely high. It is far different flying than airline schedules though but none the less, I agree that with that amount of time I'd rather be flying right seat in a shiny new RJ.
They are a good operation though with some rough spots that will hopefully smooth out over time.
Also, most of the time in the right seat isn't valid flight time for the FO.
Quote: Also, most of the time in the right seat isn't valid flight time for the FO.
That's incorrect. It is.
Quote: Also, most of the time in the right seat isn't valid flight time for the FO.

Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Source?

OP Specs require two pilots. Loggable. SIC is required on most everyone's type rating and recurrents. Loggable. Then you get into sole manipulator of controls. It's all loggable in one way shape or form.
The gentleman is correct folks.. Personally, I feel any plane that utilizes an FMS, down between the seats should require 2 pilots anyway...especially operating in busy areas like TEB.
Quote: OP Specs require two pilots. Loggable. SIC is required on most everyone's type rating and recurrents. Loggable. Then you get into sole manipulator of controls. It's all loggable in one way shape or form.
The FAA has ruled if you have A015 Ops Specs and use the autopilot, the SIC is not a required crewmember and cannot log the time. The only way an SIC would be required is if the PIC has a restriction on his certificate. How many captains have the SIC required restriction?
Quote: The FAA has ruled if you have A015 Ops Specs and use the autopilot, the SIC is not a required crewmember and cannot log the time. The only way an SIC would be required is if the PIC has a restriction on his certificate. How many captains have the SIC required restriction?
There is another interpretation from Chief Counsel that is exactly opposite of this. It says that even an operator who has AO15 can choose to utilize an SIC. This places them under 135.101. There reasoning is based on verbage. 135.105 says the operator "may" utilities an AP in lieu... it does not say must. Additionally A015 say "authorized" and not "required"
Quote: The FAA has ruled if you have A015 Ops Specs and use the autopilot, the SIC is not a required crewmember and cannot log the time. The only way an SIC would be required is if the PIC has a restriction on his certificate. How many captains have the SIC required restriction?
Almost all captains have the restriction. We are also EOD. It's flight time in the log book in multiple different ways.

You are just wrong. Sorry.
Quote: The gentleman is correct folks.. Personally, I feel any plane that utilizes an FMS, down between the seats should require 2 pilots anyway...especially operating in busy areas like TEB.
Couldn't agree more with that.
Quote: OP Specs require two pilots. Loggable. SIC is required on most everyone's type rating and recurrents. Loggable. Then you get into sole manipulator of controls. It's all loggable in one way shape or form.

I agree with you. I was asking the gentleman that said "it wasn't loggable" for his source. He is indeed wrong.

1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to