TRO Denied ABX

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
The courts just denied ABX Air for temporary restraining order.
Awesome work guys.

I'd like to thank ATSG management for bringing this matter before the court and setting some great precedent for pilot unions everywhere. Some great quotes in that summary.

"Indeed, we cannot find any case in which a union was held to have violated the RLA during a minor dispute by encouraging its members to refrain from engaging in conduct that is voluntary under a CBA."

"there is a strong presumption that a dispute between parties to an RLA agreement is minor.”

"Defendants cannot have violated the RLA by engaging in action permitted by the CBA."
Its amazing that management was so stupid to carry this forth. They always seem to be ready to "shoot before they aim"!
A botched Hail Mary if you ask me.
I saw they estimated 4 million dollars in incentive pilot pay in the 3rd quarter. That's a lot of dough for the amount of pilots they have.
Quote: Awesome work guys.

I'd like to thank ATSG management for bringing this matter before the court and setting some great precedent for pilot unions everywhere. Some great quotes in that summary.

"Indeed, we cannot find any case in which a union was held to have violated the RLA during a minor dispute by encouraging its members to refrain from engaging in conduct that is voluntary under a CBA."

"there is a strong presumption that a dispute between parties to an RLA agreement is minor.”

"Defendants cannot have violated the RLA by engaging in action permitted by the CBA."
FedEx guy here, and not familiar with this situation...

Does this mean if we encourage folks not to fly extra, it is no longer considered an illegal work action?

If so, than that is a really huge win for pilots everywhere.

If I am wrong, please clarify.
Thats pretty much it......we the membership decided on our own not to fly it. With that said, we are compensated at a premium plus we get that day back if forced to work it. Its really not rocket science....why fly for straight time and lose a day when you can fly for premium pay and not lose a day! Perfect
It seems like the key here is the court determined the company and union are involved in a minor dispute. In a major dispute it says a court can intervene to maintain the status quo. Not sure when it becomes a major dispute.
TRO Denied ABX
If only you guys would've refused to fly extra before all your furloughed pilots got chopped off the seniority list.....
ABX Air Labor Dispute to be Resolved Via Arbitration
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to