PenAir Pilots Fortress of Solitude

Subscribe
40  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  60 
Page 50 of 66
Go to
Quote: Presque Isle and Plattsburgh are also very stable economies, so stable that their chambers of commerce see jets in their future! Maybe a good reason all that money was dumped into airport/runway/taxiway renovation during the timelapse of this last contract..
Flights from Plattsburgh to Washington likely coming soon | Local News | pressrepublican.com
This closes the mx base. Sad.. Goodbye Pen Air Boston..

New flights to Washington could be coming to Plattsburgh airport
Another nail in the PenAir coffin....
Quote: "Seybert also said he welcomed any competition that wanted to enter this market. Many customers told Seybert that is something they hope to see, believing it will bring more reliable service and a cheaper ticket.

Looking a week out from this deadline, a roundtrip ticket from Anchorage to Bethel on Ravn costs $366. Traveling on the same days from Anchorage to Dillingham on PenAir would cost a person $600."
------------------------------------------------------------

Anchorage to Bethel (346NM) roundtrip - $366 direct on Ravn
Anchorage to Dillingham (286NM) roundtrip - $600 AKN-DLG triangle on PenAir

"Seybert also said he welcomed any competition that wanted to enter this market." Seriously?

I am sure that Danny also welcomes the competition for PBG...
Petitions are being sent out to save ship!

Rapid depressurization:

O2 masks Don and 100%
Crew Comms Establish
Decend Rapidly and declare Emergency

Mayday Mayday Mayday
Who's Buying?
So who is buying PenAir? Seriously, I heard "investors" were there just before the holidays.
Quote: So who is buying PenAir? Seriously, I heard "investors" were there just before the holidays.
I heard the owners of RAVN did. Danny laughed and put in an offer on them. Which wouldnt surprise me.
Quote: I heard the owners of RAVN did. Danny laughed and put in an offer on them. Which wouldnt surprise me.
Yeah companies that file Chapter 11 usually have extra capital to buy other companies. DS is delusional, he is still spouting off about how great the 2000 is even though they had another engine crap out in flight and is still sitting in KS.
With Plattsburg likely going to SkyWest that just leaves Boston to Bar Harbor and Boston to Presque Isle in the Northeast. I am hearing there were about 4 bids for Presque Isle as well. What is the sustainability of Penair in the Northeast? I never want to see people lose there jobs but this continual shrinking is not looking good.
Across the lake...
Burlington VT (BTV) offers 2 NS to IAD, 12 1-stops. 4 NS to DCA, 8 1-stops.
We'll see how Skywest competes. SJS is alive and well, even in the northland.
40  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  60 
Page 50 of 66
Go to