Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
C11 Special Update: FO Rep Threatened >

C11 Special Update: FO Rep Threatened

Search
Notices

C11 Special Update: FO Rep Threatened

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 08:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by scns77 View Post
Only if that endorsement comes w/ a free Starbucks!!!
Why would you want a handjob?
Old 07-23-2022, 09:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by fadec View Post
​​​​​Correct. This is why we need strong leaders. I endorse Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho for MEC chair.

And hot and cold Brawndo tapped to the cockpit.
Old 07-24-2022, 09:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by That Guy 74 View Post
And hot and cold Brawndo tapped to the cockpit.
It’s what plants crave…
Old 07-24-2022, 11:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by 01110011 View Post
They’re reps, so someone intimidating my representative isn’t a matter between two parties, it is by extension a matter between them and everyone represented.
So in your mind its open season between your domicile’s pilots and the offending domicile’s pilots because the reps didn’t play nice?
Old 07-25-2022, 05:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Concede the browbeating of an elected rep & cite THE path forward as grounds. Inconceivable anyone these days can't see the jeopardy in legitimizing that. UA & labor, ugly as ever. No I don't care. But the moment Scotty's good cop flops, roll the waste management squad.
Old 07-25-2022, 09:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by awax View Post
So in your mind its open season between your domicile’s pilots and the offending domicile’s pilots because the reps didn’t play nice?
That’s a massive stretch. I’d want to know if the roles were reversed too so we could recall the offending party. I’d want to know in the event the offending rep ran for a different position or transferred bases and wanted to run again. If I knew people in that base I would respectfully ask them to consider doing the same but it wouldn’t be “open season”.

In a bigger sense if this stuff is going on and ALPA leadership just tolerates it I would want to know that too; if they aren’t running a tight ship up there it would make me more skeptical of any messaging coming down.

if it’s between two line pilots let pro standards take care of it and no need to gossip. I have higher standards for leadership.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by 01110011 View Post
I have higher standards for leadership.
Exactly, it's going to be up to line pilots to carry the ideals and vision of our union while we search for actual leadership. UAL ALPA is ripe for divide and conquer, if we're not careful it'll happen. Despite our MEC, there's never been a more important time for us to treat each other as union brothers and sisters while finding productive ways to agree and disagree.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Would AW still vote NO on a future LOA that would save her fellow brothers and sisters from furlough?

only cares about number 1
Old 10-04-2022, 06:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2022

Originally Posted by awax View Post
Exactly, it's going to be up to line pilots to carry the ideals and vision of our union while we search for actual leadership. UAL ALPA is ripe for divide and conquer, if we're not careful it'll happen. Despite our MEC, there's never been a more important time for us to treat each other as union brothers and sisters while finding productive ways to agree and disagree.
Wise words. Unfortunately the usual suspects crave the chaos.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2022

Originally Posted by horrido27 View Post
So.. interesting times and TOPIC-

Some of you may have heard of my incident regarding the C5 Chairman, back on the 28th of Sept, 2020.
I was involved in a situation where I got into his personal space.
I was wrong, and the next day I apologized via ProStands.
That apology was not accepted..... (initially)

Mind you, this was at a union event, out of uniform and off company property.

What happened next is an eye opener about how both our company and our union work.
I was suspended (with pay) a week after! Immediately AFTER completing a required IOE event.

For 2 and a half months I was put through a circus with regards to an investigation, written report, and countless phones calls/conference calls.
It was only in mid December that I was "allowed" to be put back on line, though I was told the investigation was not over.

April of 21.. yes, over 6 moths later- was everything "dropped".

That our union allowed the company to not only get involved into union issues is troublesome. That our union allows the company to look into our personal, private lives is just as troublesome.

Not matter what your take or feel is about my incident or the incident that the C11VC just went through, there can be no doubt that the culture of our union is broken and needs to be changed.
But have no doubt, this did not happen over night. This started back in Oct 2018 when our union started to get into bed with management.
Having not spoken to either parties involved, we can only go with what has been posted. Trust me- I know!

But we will now see how our union and company handles an even more serious case than what I experienced.

Fly Safe, Fly Professionally and Fly the Contract
Always
Motch
This is rich.... you assault or lets use your description of 'personal space' a union officer at a union meeting and then claim the culture of the union is broken. Are you like a sober addict trying to help others?