Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   => United Contract 2022 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/united-contract-2022/)
-   -   C57 LAX Rep Recall Website (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/united-contract-2022/138712-c57-lax-rep-recall-website.html)

jerryleber 07-27-2022 03:53 AM

C57 LAX Rep Recall Website

https://laxreprecall.com/?p=64

Red Swingline 07-27-2022 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by jerryleber (Post 3467615)

And there it is - meeting September 30th. They’re running out the clock, further displaying that this is all about one thing - getting Insler elected ALPA president at the BOD in October. Even if they get recalled at that meeting, it still has to go to a council-wide vote which won’t be completed until after the BOD, thus preserving their ability to lobby and vote for Todd.

01110011 07-27-2022 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Red Swingline (Post 3467745)
And there it is - meeting September 30th. They’re running out the clock, further displaying that this is all about one thing - getting Insler elected ALPA president at the BOD in October. Even if they get recalled at that meeting, it still has to go to a council-wide vote which won’t be completed until after the BOD, thus preserving their ability to lobby and vote for Todd.

Don’t get me wrong, I am very dissatisfied with current leadership, but what motivation do the reps have to do that? Do you think Todd is skipping them envelopes of cash or something? I just don’t really buy it. I think they just like their jobs and have gotten too close to the TA.

FriendlyPilot 07-28-2022 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 01110011 (Post 3467770)
Don’t get me wrong, I am very dissatisfied with current leadership, but what motivation do the reps have to do that? Do you think Todd is skipping them envelopes of cash or something? I just don’t really buy it. I think they just like their jobs and have gotten too close to the TA.

Its just people who want to take over the MEC for personal gain so they blame everything the current MEC is doing for personal gain.

Be extremely wary of who you select to be your next LEC reps. If they were people calling for ouster, it means they were using this TA failure as an opportunity to take power. They are the ones we need to be worried about. I won’t vote for anyone that was beating the drums of recall.

Boeing Aviator 07-28-2022 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by 01110011 (Post 3467770)

They got sucked into MEC & ALPA National politics. They have been in a bubble for the last several years. They are so disconnected from the pilot group. Now a sleeping giant has been awaken (UAL pilot group) and they are closing ranks. It’s somewhat human nature defense mechanism that happens in MEC politics.

awax 07-29-2022 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by jerryleber (Post 3467615)

Who's running this effort and why are they concurrently soliciting a recall effort for Council 34.

All the content written by "Admin" behind a private domain registered by GoDaddy? Council business should be conducted by council members (IMO in the union hall) not by anonymous internet cowards.

dmeg13021 07-29-2022 05:17 PM

Like the PRO letter?

awax 07-29-2022 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by dmeg13021 (Post 3469574)
Like the PRO letter?

So you agree that union members should be accountable for their work, or is it just equivocation for being anonymous cowards?

DodgerBlue 07-29-2022 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Red Swingline (Post 3467745)

But they’ll still be gone.

Good riddance.

Augerin 07-30-2022 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by FriendlyPilot (Post 3468824)
Its just people who want to take over the MEC for personal gain so they blame everything the current MEC is doing for personal gain.

Be extremely wary of who you select to be your next LEC reps. If they were people calling for ouster, it means they were using this TA failure as an opportunity to take power. They are the ones we need to be worried about. I won’t vote for anyone that was beating the drums of recall.

Are you kidding me? How could any pilot not want the current LEC / MEC, reps recalled, with what they have done. Are we ever going to fight for what we deserve. We need
to get rid of any rep who voted against the pilots interests and for this abomination of a TA. There is no going forward without removing these guys and using this opportunity
to fight for at least a reasonable contract.

You sound like you don't feel we have a problem. I believe that speaks volumes about you.