Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Hangar Talk
Whats the funniest thing you have ever heard over the radio?? >

Whats the funniest thing you have ever heard over the radio??

Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Whats the funniest thing you have ever heard over the radio??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:58 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: retired

I was flying from RIC to ORD in an EMB 145. Upon landing a passenger said he was going to turn us into the FAA. He said he had an altimeter watch and according to it we never got above 8,000 feet. He said we definitely busted the 250 knot rule for flight below 10,000 feet because we got to ORD way too quick. I introduced him to our FAA jumpseater giving us a line check.....
Old 10-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

Originally Posted by ATTCS View Post
I was flying from RIC to ORD in an EMB 145. Upon landing a passenger said he was going to turn us into the FAA. He said he had an altimeter watch and according to it we never got above 8,000 feet. He said we definitely busted the 250 knot rule for flight below 10,000 feet because we got to ORD way too quick. I introduced him to our FAA jumpseater giving us a line check.....
HAHA thats great.........
Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by ATTCS View Post
That's one of the funniest ones i've read in this thread. But more than that, what an @ss clown for even having the nerve to say something to that pilot. Gotta love people who think they know a damn thing, and are willing to question a professional doing his job. Bet he felt like an idiot when he was corrected and the FAA happened to be there!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 767A (Ret)
Cool Diplomacy

Since this thread has crept over to "funniest thing heard from a passenger", here's another one. One night, a flight attendant came into the cockpit with a message: "This little old lady in back says to tell the Captain he needs to raise the cabin pressure." I told her to go back and reassure the lady that we had double-checked and everything was operating quite normally. When I was saying goodbye to the deplaning passengers, here came the little old lady with an angry scowl. She snapped: "TWA always raises the cabin pressure for me!" I mentally saluted my TWA colleagues, who had probably sent back the much better message: "Thank you ma'am--we'll raise it immediately!"
Old 10-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Default pressurization

You gotta love those passengers! Go explain to them that cabin altitude is maxed out at 8K.... hahaha....

Though it's nice to see the altimeter watch is working correctly ;-)
Old 10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
CA

Position: I am the Captain now...

Altimeter watch.... lol!!!

Sorry, those things, and the people who wear them really make me wonder about the current status of the gene pool.

... anyway, I'm off to run some numbers on my E6B watch!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Right Seat, EMB-145/140/135

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
Ever find out what they wanted to arrest the guy for?
OK, I got back to BGM and found out the rest of the story. Apparently, when the crew got to the hotel that night, the captain said something to the bellboy that pi$$ed him off, and I mean really pi$$ed him off. After the crew went up to their rooms, the bellboy called the police and said that the captain had taken him in his room and raped him. So that is what he was initially arrested for. Of course the bellboy was fired after that, but the end result for Pinnacle was six legs of flying cancelled.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Left Seat
Default Good Joke

It's late at night, early morning 2am. I'm flying a Piper Aztec with a student from Chatanooga TN to Morganton, NC. We are talking to Atlanta Center and hadn't heard from them in a while. I asked if they were asleep. She came on and said that we were the only traffic up at that time and all the Notre Dame folks had gone home. Notre Dame football was down to playing GA Tech that night. I asked who had one and she said ND. When asked who she wanted to win she said she didn't care so being from ND I have a shout out to them. She handed me off to the next guy who was just as quiet. I want to get a good one out about ND beating GT. To warm up the controller I asked if he knew any good jokes. He came back with this:

"Sorry guys, the FAA passed a new law that prohibits us from doing stuff like that. It just went into effect yesterday and I could lose my job over it. sorry."

Before I could say anything my student jumps on the radio and says:

"That's a good one!"
Old 10-03-2006, 03:20 AM
China Visa Applicant

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Midfield downwind

--------------

Last edited by Hacker15e; 10-03-2006 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

On the clever passenger comments:

Flew into Burbank the other day. The big fires nw of the city were still raging, and we flew through a portion of the smoke plume that had been blown onto the arrival. The cabin got a slight whiff of wood smoke for a few seconds, and some light chop. After we land and park at the gate, the airplane shifted onto one of the main struts a little bit (settles). While one lady was getting off, she accuses us of flying so close to the flames of the wildfire that we melted the tires, hence the settling on the ground! With an imagination like that, I assume she was in town to write screenplays...

What always gets me is the fact that the people think we are doing this crazy sh&t, BUT THEY STILL GO FLYING ANYWAY!