View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by Rather B Fishin View Post
Yes, FTB could "possibly" do what he described. His schedule, instead of being relatively senior in NYC, would be flying to the garden paradises of UIO, MAO, GYE and MEX. Then again he could fly his senior NYC trips that would be commutable and to places like SAN, PDX, SFO, LAS, etc. Honestly, if you're willing to commute of out base, have all your trips taken off your line and then fly a full month of UIO, MAO and MEX, have a ball!!!! You could back door seniority me all you want!
True. But I commuted for years, I'll take... sigh... DAY 18 hour layover then 9 hour in JAX airport hotel over a nice trip out of NYC if I don't have to commute again. And if I move up to the 737 or ER, I get the benefit of more pay and the option not to commute all of the time, maybe at worst most of the time, while the shlubs ahead of me sit on reserve for years and are used right up to 69.9 hours while I have a ball... at their expense.

I mean would I do it? I wouldn't bid it to do it if it was an option, but if I already were NYC 73N B living in north Atlanta, how could I not do it for my own sake? Now eventually people would copy cat and then it'd get harder to do it but how long would that be and how many pilots in more senior bases be screwed out of moving up?

I mean ATL-NYC is one example, I guess another could be a pilot living in SEA that can only hold MSP doing the same thing.