View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Wilbur Wright
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
WW,
The way I think I'd do it if I were doing it would be to first bid for a minimum line to have more open time on my schedule and then post all my NYC trips on the pilot-to-pilot swap board as pick up only and then pick up trips off the pickup only ATL pilot-to-pilot swap board.

If that was allowed.

I say this because I sit here barely able to hold ATL 73N, able to hold a line no problem in NYC 73N and if I were able to pick up trips out of ATL off the swap board I would leap frog pilots who want a line but can't have one thanks to the line construction process right now and these guys are 800 numbers above me. Not to be repetitive but if I were greedy I could do it and say "but it's my right..."
FTB,

I acknowledge there is the potential for abuse and respect that.

In my mind I was envisioning two pilots helping each other out. Pilot A at base ZZZ has a trip over his anniversary and can't find anyone to swap in his base. Pilot B at base YYY sees that Pilot A has a layover at XYZ and thinks it would be cool to do that so they swap.

To alleviate your concerns I would suggest that only swaps would be allowed, not pickups. If you wanted to be even more limiting, you could make the requirement that the trips be worth within +/- 10 hours of credit of each other.

Just my thoughts.