Old 06-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

[QUOTE=HotMamaPilot;1002656]
Originally Posted by ImTumbleweed View Post
Any chance of folding military guys into your plan?

What about a mil guy who serves for 15 years. Could he be given any seniority if/when he decides to leave the mil and fly for the airlines? I would think they should be given some consideration.

Not a flame at all. Just curious if there is way to accomodate those who serve our nation (by flying) onto your list.

From hotmama:
God bless and thank you for your service! However, you CHOSE to take that route, so why should you be able to hop scotch the system?(this is what scabs do).

Btw, I love all the subtle bashing of religion (specifically Christians) on this forum. funny how the moderators seem to not see it.
Your military service will be counted for twice the longevity of anyone already flying that airline's passengers unless you participate in a thread hijack. Doh' sorry, thanks for playing.

By the way, the "Preacher" is an infamous scam artist. I'd not Judge his personal religion, but the State of Texas found he had insisted on thousands of dollars to pray over prayer requests. Shipping invoices showed the prayer requests were routed straight into the dump. He claimed he would pray over the requests "electronically." He hired telemarketers to answer the phone and pray with people and installed computers to ensure they did not remain online for more than 7 minutes per call, per donation. Many of his "charities" did not exist. BTW, he collected over 100 million dollars, changed States and is back at it online. (darn, there went my seniority also) Seems the Canadian kids who picked him for satire, chose well.

As for the criticism of Bedford, he holds himself out there by example. Thus it is entirely natural that his hypocrisy is observed. Saying something is white is not news. Publicly calling it white when everyone else sees it as black, is news.

Typically in union crafts and classes the member has to be employed in a union shop before employment rights are considered. Union can not protect non members and it is unlikely current members would ever fight to include folks from other professions (government service is another profession) who may speculatively someday choose to fly for an airline, here or abroad, for any number of different carriers and unions. So no, it is highly unlikely you are entitled to anything, even in this fantasy discussion.

Let me ask you, I've been flying since age 16. That makes me an aviation veteran many times over. I've been rescheduled, assigned crappy missions, gone without food or rest and flown broken pieces of crud into adverse conditions. Does that make me an Air Force General? Would they recognize me as at least a Captain?

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 06-03-2011 at 03:43 AM.