View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
justflyin
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Part 91 Captain
Default CS questions?

A few questions for the current CS drivers out there:

What is the general mood and level of trust between pilots and management? I have been at both a regional and now a fractional and both places seem to have fairly adversarial relationships between the groups.

What is the concensus on the merit-based upgrade system? Is it based on performance and aptitude like the military; or is it more political, who knows who?

I understand that you are not provided crew meals during the duty day. Is there any prospect for that changing and is it true that they are $10 per meal if you choose to partake?

Do you generally stay at a Hilton family hotel, or similar? Or is there no standard for crew lodging?

Have there been any issues with staffing (either under, or over) and denial of vacation requests? Are there signs of understaffing like constant overtime requests?

During your tour, do you generally find yourselves running at near 14 hrs ON, followed by minimum 10 hrs rest?

Would you praise the operations of your company, or would you like to reach through the phone and wring the neck of some managers and schedulers?

How does the growth of the company look for the next 5 yrs? 10 yrs?

I live in a city that is listed as a CS base and am currently evaluating options in case my present fractional job turns for the worst. I definitely enjoy the Part 135 fractional flying compared with the Part 121 tedium, but have not been happy with the QOL with my current employer. I truly believe them to be headed in the wrong direction and would like to join ranks with a rising star. I appreciate any info or comments provided.