Old 06-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Mulva
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: A-320 Asst. Pilot

Originally Posted by frankwasright View Post
Kill what ? FAPA ? FAPA is DOA,as is RPC.There you go with that arrogance again ! But don't worry,sparky-you go show those unwashed "commuter pilots" how to skin it ! Show em' how to run an airline ! Maybe you'll last longer than Skybus.
Glad I was able to get under your skin Frank. Mission accomplished! I really don't give a $h!+ why you came to RAH or why you are still there. And about 500 time I have tried to explain to you guys that NO ONE at Frontier feels they are "superior" to you. So please quit leaning on that weak excuse. The industry is what it is. Capt. Dan hasn't "chosen" to respond as to why it is he came to work at Chautauqua some 10+ years ago instead of UAL, etc. I imagine it is because he wasn't hireable at the time, maybe due to lack of experience being fresh from a 135 job, etc. just like I was in 2001. But since then, Dan, many of you, and I have all made decisions that directly impacted our careers. I chose, to leave a "regional" job for a "mainline" job, accepting all of the associated risks and QOL impacts that came with that decision. I also got to start at year 1 FO pay exceeding 5 year Captain pay at my regional job, not to mention vastly, I mean VASTLY improved work rules than I was accustomed to. Meanwhile, some of you (and Dan) chose NOT to make the same move. I won't hold that decision against you at all as I almost made it myself. Good for you guys. You and your family are probably very happy flying day trips out of Columbus or where ever making your $70K a year. Your decision to stay does not make my any better than you. I would comfortably tell the same thing to many of my best friend who made the same decision to stay at my old regional, some of which were rejected in the efforts to gain employment at a Mainline carrier with mainline pay and work rules. That was there choice and, you know what, they would agree with me. I'm not being arrogant at all Sparky, I'm just saying it the way it is. The fact that you take such offense simply illustrates your sensitivity to the truth. I honestly don't give a frack what the reason is that you are still at RAH. But I do know (for a fact!) that you are either there because you chose to be, are unhireable, unmotivated, or simply do not yet possess the qualifications that the mainlines are looking for. Mainlines don't hire 1500 hr. CFI's (or 500 either). I had 2200 when I got hired at a regional, spent another 4 years building 121 time and 121 PIC time so that I could get a job at a mainline. With 4700 hours I barely qualified for employment with LUB with 1030 121 PIC hours. But Frontier hired my sorry arse and I am thankful for that. My time at a regional paid off. So can you stop playing the freaking "arrogance" card? That has been beat into the ground over and over.

Just curious. Does the fact that it bothers me that some dude with barely any experience that was hired at RAH after I left a regional to come to Frontier is now senior to me (well not quite yet) make me arrogant in your eyes? If it does, then you simply don't get it.

See ya round Sparky Jr.