Thread: The in between
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:48 PM
NowCorporate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by QuietSpike View Post
Why must people always feel the need to disagree

What? The average PART 91 gig working for a family or individual, or even for a corporation where you fly the same few around all the time... is very easy to get canned from for a number of reasons...

they just don't like you
you fly like ******
they don't like you
you make them feel unsafe
you always screw up catering
you put your foot in your mouth with passengers often
they just don't like you
you are late a few times
they don't like you
you butt heads with the other pilot
the other pilot doesn't like you
they still don't like you

Any or all of these reasons (oops, left out the kleenex!) can lead to an early and quick dismissal from an avg corp job.

Now if you show up on-time, do your job well, and are pleasant with everyone, then I would agree with you that it is more difficult to get canned from a corp job... but even with that, the boss may not be comfortable with you because you are always pleasant!! you just never know!

You must have had some pretty low-end "corporate" gigs if that's your experience...

Having done both Fortune 5 and wealthy Pt91 owner gigs I can say I have never even remotely experienced anything like this. Even as a 22yr old on demand learjet charter grunt I never experienced that $hit.

There is always a certain level one wants to avoid in any industry....and sorry, I wont stay in aviation if it comes down to the above type jobs.

Fired for leaving out the Kleenex??....if that's an individual owner I imagine they run through pilots every 6 months. Yes, those jobs are out there, and everyone with half a brain avoids them.

Have you ever been involved in trying to get someone dismissed from a company? Next to impossible so long as they actually show up and have a pulse.