View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 02:14 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Reattack : never a good idea in a med-high threat environment - but what the heck.......I'm a maverick

Kill those tree hugging trees!

Yep - I transfered all of my paper logbooks over to an electronic logbook.
Luckily in my few interviews (none with airlines), I doubt anyone even took the time to look, BUT - I wanted them to be able to open up the printed out sheets and see nice, neat tallied totals, breakdowns, yearly totals, etc..... along with printed out logbook pages should they want to flip through them and look at anything inparticular.

Why would I not want to just bring a USB to them and hand it over and say - "here - slap that in your computer...."?
Well....it could be because there are computer regs against removeable hardware in the IT security orders. It might be because their computers run at a snails pace (usually because of all of the security) and what should take 1 minute to breeze through the hard copy, ends up taking 5 minutes just to open the right file (then only to find out that it looks like binary code for some reason ) Plus - I'm going to make it as easy and painless as possible for the interviewers and that doesn't include giving them anything and telling them that they have to do something for me if they want to see what they have asked for.

I agree with you though that calling HR and asking the right questions is a good way to go about it, though if I had done that, all they would have said was to bring everything on the list in the e-mail they sent me (nothing about HOW to rpresent the information nor would they have known the first thing about logbooks and such....they are HR after all!)

USMCFLYR