Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 PM
word302
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by NWA320pilot View Post
Guys that are bashing the rule have no idea what they are talking about..... Hours in an aircraft directly equate into a more experienced pilot! A 250 hour pilot just barely has the ink wet on his license and has no business flying families around that depend upon them for their well being. Granted having a training program that would weed out weak pilots and give practical instruction in high performance jet aircraft, human factors training, CRM, real weather/icing, would be great but reality is what it is.

If the FAA required this type of training how to you suppose the average guy would obtain/afford the training?
I have about 240 hours and am taking my commercial SEL checkride tomorrow, you mean to tell me that I am not the most experienced pilot in the world?

How dare you.

I know the experience I have gained in the last 100 hours compared to the first 100 is a giant difference. I think that another 1250 hours flying anything, anywhere is going to give me a vastly larger amount of experience than I have now.

Do I want to jump in the right seat of an RJ tomorrow? Sure, who wouldn't

Am I anywhere near ready for that kind of experience? Not even close.