View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 PM
undflyboy06
Part Time

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Chief Pilot PC-12NG

Originally Posted by mwf008 View Post
@SIUav8er
In your other thread you said "Tons" of 1900 and Metro pilots are leaving to go to the regionals. Would you be so kind as to PM me the names of these individuals? I'll bet you can't because its not true. In regards to 1900 and Metro pilots you said, "no one will look at them except the regionals." This is simply not true. I may well be the most recent 1900/Metro pilot to leave Ameriflight and I got a damn good job. One of the main reasons was because of my current employers respect for the skills required to fly single pilot freight in turbo props. Ameriflight was the best thing that happened to my career. I know that some don't have the same good experience with the company as I did, but your statements are simply untrue. I received my recall letter from Shuttle America while working at Ameriflight, and giving up my recall rights was the best thing I could've done for my career. The regionals are a great place to work for the right individuals; I enjoyed very much flying an RJ and the crews I worked with while it lasted. That being said, you are drinking a bit too much of the RJ cool-aid. The one individual that I know of (not personally) that left the Metro to fly for the regionals recently was a very special circumstance... There may have been a FEW others over the last 6-9 months but "tons?" Maybe you are mistaken for 99 pilots. Dead end job?! Come on, dude...
I agree. You could also be a 121 pilot with around or over 1000 hours 121 time and go fly freight for a while. Once you get your 1000 TPIC, you then have 135 and 121 experience. I feel that scenario will give a candidate a good chance on getting a good job with the well rounded experience they will be bringing to the table.