View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
TonyHaus
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Default honesty

Hey Gunter,

I believe that union leaders need to be honest and open with their constituents. That is why I am not afraid to use my name. When I was on our Board of Directors, and later our MEC, I always had one basic rule that I applied to decisions that were being made. If we couldn't get up in front of our pilots at 2:00 am in the hub and tell them what we are doing and why, then it was probably the wrong thing to do. Scott Stratton ran on a transparency pledge but his actions tell a different story. He secretly negotiated a contract extension while he kept the pilots completely in the dark. Some of the MEC members themselves said they did not know a TA was in the making until it was basically complete and they had no say in what was being negotiated in the shortened deal. He has refused to inform us as to our own polling results. He never mentioned to us why we dropped our efforts for remuneration from 4a2b. He quietly changed the officer work rules so he could stay at home and still get the 105 credit hours of pay while he telecommutes but never mentioned that us. And, today, right now, he sends anonymous hit men to attack my past service knowing full well that what they say is false. None of that is transparent.

To view the deceptions I spoke of, just look at what his Chicago style machine is throwing at me. They associate me with the parking lot deal. Completely false. I not only had nothing to do with that but resigned my position as communications chairman the next day in protest and ran a presidential campaign against the leaders who were responsible. He associates me with being pro management because I use my real name on my post! Also false. In my book, credibility has a name attached to it.

You see the campaign tactic being used is to discredit my past service to the pilots in order to bring me down to the level of my opponent who has no past service. It is cowardly and is beneath honest men. That is why Scott has to use anonymous people to do it. But if you look at the common thread of attacking my past service, you will see it brought up now in my opponents opening campaign piece and 2 or 3 different posts on this messageboard. That's called coordination.

It's really too bad they have lost sight of what a union job really is. I can promise you, if I get elected, I won't forget the job is to serve our pilots and get them the best contract possible. The last TA was a capitulation and smells far more like the original FPA the anything I ever did. It smells to me a lot like it did in 1997 and 1998 and I want to get in there and prevent these leaders from taking us to the next parking lot deal. As a block rep, I'll have some power to prevent just that.

Capt. Tony Hauserman

Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
Good on you Tony for using your real name.

Please enlighten us about the deceit and lying you speak of. I'm not an insider and haven't gotten the scoop yet.