View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
forumname
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: I am the Stig

Originally Posted by Beans Johnson View Post
Flying "raw data" in the wx single pilot, no gps, no AP is a little more complicated than interpreting a FD and managing an FMS. The FD and FMS would make things easier. An AMF pilot could adapt rather quickly.
That's a valid point. You can do this job, OR you can't. Learning to adapt/alter your skill set goes into that.

But it doesn't really matter what the guy's background was, nor where he's going. A training failure, specifically the type referenced above, is more of a personality deficiency/learning problem than anything else.

In other words, he can't learn to adapt his skill set, can't break out of his comfort zone and can't or doesn't want to learn a different way to do his job. He's too busy trying to wow people about his previous job, you know, "so there I was" type of crap to just shut the heck up, realize he may not know everything there is to know about flying. Wants to argue with his training partner/instructors about how "his way is better", or just flat out cooperate-graduate.

Again, doesn't matter where he's been, nor where he's going. All this crap about "(insert type here) are the best pilots and (insert type here) are inferior is such typical childish pilot crap.

Originally Posted by 51driver View Post
Heres the deal people, I agree with many of you... I have many friends at am. flight and other 135 operations like so. There are some 121 operations that fly cargo, check into them. They have the best scheds, pay is awesome, upgrades are fast, and of course 1000 HRS of PIC TURBINE!
Absolutely agree!!!!!! But something to keep in mind. Some of the 135 cargo operators can have schedules that although the pilot may win the race to the TPIC building seat, the rate at which that time is built can be paiiiiiiiiiiinfulllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy sllllllllllllllloooooooowwwwwwww if they're on a run, or the airplane does runs that don't fly that much in a duty period. Granted, being a reserve CA at a regional can be slow too, but many have workrules that can help a guy stuff the highly coveted/holy grail of 1000 TPIC in the book faster.

Last edited by forumname; 07-07-2011 at 09:24 PM.