View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:49 AM
EWRflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by kc135driver View Post
Gents/gals-

Lets be clear as the title of this thread is misleading, NO UAL FURLOUGHEES ARE BEING RECALLED! CAL is hiring and giving preferential spots to UAL furloughees. This is just one notch above all the grand announcements of jet jobs at Skywest/Republic and is a SAD attempt by our MEC to claim credit for something they have botched so badly already.

Meanwhile, enjoy getting used to being at the bottom behind folks hired 10 years after you, as what impression do you think this will give the panel of arbitrators when SLI comes.

Dear UAL MEC, when you actually do manage to get our actual job backs, without being stapled to the bottom, then we will celebrate. Until then, better get some better lawyers because you already botched it once with TWA!

KC
Per the T&PA, a furloughed UAL pilot's position on the CAL seniority list will have nothing to do with SLI as the UAL pilots will retain all seniority rights at UAL for the arbitrator to consider.

I'm just going to leave it at that before I type something I might later regret.