View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Convairator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by Mach Crit View Post
I submitted my application through airlineapps, some while under mins and have regularly updated my profile. I now meet mins for everyone I've applied to but haven't gotten any calls - just one "we're reviewing your resume" from AE that was sent a over month ago.

What's been your experience with the turn-around time from application submission to contact? Does anyone know how quickly airlineapps.com updates are received and reviewed by employers?

FYI - >700/100 but only ~75 hrs in past 12 months; renewed my 1st class medical recently (lapsed to 2nd after I built my airlineapps profile); a whopping (yet recent) 63hrs. turboprop PIC in PC-12; never a CFI; and a non-aviation-related doctorate degree (didn't list GPA - didn't think it would matter for a doctorate).
you have a doctorate and want to become a regional airline pilot?!? I know you hear this all too often on these forums, but my sincere advice for you, don't do it!
With two months of training figured into to your first year pay, you will make less than 23k your first year. 5 year regional upgrade, you are six years from breaking 40,000/year.

Too many pilots go onto APC and look at wages of Delta/Fedex/AA captains, and think, wow, pilots do make alot of money. However, most people are not fedex captains. It will take you years to realize anything close to these wages, while plugging away at the regionals making extremely low pay.
I would strongly encourage you to not enter the regional airline industry.

* many who choose to enter love saying that classic line, 'my buddies are sitting in cubicles rotting while im flying this sweet fast jet all over the country'.

You are flying this awesome fast jet for minimum wage, spending christmas, thanksgiving, new years eve, and your birthday in the comfort inn Wichita. But hey, there is a Walmart within walking distance, and tomorow you get to sit hot reserve in ord, so the future is looking bright.