View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:20 AM
fjetter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
You mean to tell me that I can complete the Pro Pilot program @ Ariben Aviator; instruct for 6-8 months and accumulate about 700-1200 hrs TT...with about 70-80% of that being multi and could possibly be awarded an SIC slot, then a job flying SIC? Or be awarded a "job" right from the rip and the SIC training comes after accepting the position?

Btw, if you have a link so that I could check out their SIC program that would be appreciated.

atp

Here's a link that took all of 15sec to find about a current opening at their DFW location.

https://us1.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_fligh...zbchwybpokmgxn

Once hired they'll put you through the required ground school for the type of aircraft you'll be sim-ing. Mind you that you will do little flying, more checklist and flows and PNF duties. As far as flying an actual airplane that comes from networking with guys coming through the training facility and a little bit of luck.

You don't have to go to the Flight Safety Academy in Vero to be eligible. If you are there long enough and the schedule works out in their favor they will issue a type rating.

If you are more inclined to pursue a Corporate/Charter career it certainly can get you many contacts. If you want an airline career stay in the instructor's seat and keep building time. Even so part-time instructing should still be considered as you may have a good in at a Corporate operator but if you don't meet insurance mins you're SOL