View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 12:13 PM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by fjetter View Post
Here's a link that took all of 15sec to find about a current opening at their DFW location.
https://us1.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_fligh...zbchwybpokmgxn

Ouch!!!!

Originally Posted by fjetter View Post
Once hired they'll put you through the required ground school for the type of aircraft you'll be sim-ing. Mind you that you will do little flying, more checklist and flows and PNF duties. As far as flying an actual airplane that comes from networking with guys coming through the training facility and a little bit of luck.

You don't have to go to the Flight Safety Academy in Vero to be eligible. If you are there long enough and the schedule works out in their favor they will issue a type rating.

If you are more inclined to pursue a Corporate/Charter career it certainly can get you many contacts. If you want an airline career stay in the instructor's seat and keep building time. Even so part-time instructing should still be considered as you may have a good in at a Corporate operator but if you don't meet insurance mins you're SOL
Great information!

Given my age...49...and having a possible 13-14 year career with a Part 121 outfit as the industry stands now, going Part 91 or 135 may be the best route for me. Just wanna get on with stable company/corporate flight department that has a good mix of a/c in their fleet and ride it out to retirement or when I'm unable to hold medical.

Thanks again!

atp

Last edited by atpwannabe; 08-14-2011 at 12:33 PM.