View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
HuronIP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: B-737 / FO

Originally Posted by Falconjet View Post
CrewPilotTraining.com is another one to look into. CPT is at Houston Intercontental and uses Continental sims. Course was 1 or 2 days shorter than HP and the cost was similar. The owner is a Cont pilot and can get you a nonrev pass and they had a pretty good deal with a local hotel. I don't remember the cost exactly but it was inline with the other guys.

FJ
I'm leaving for Houston Sunday to start the type class at Crew Pilot Training on Monday. So far they have been great. I called to set up the class on a Thursday and received the books to start studying the following Monday without even sending them a deposit (I'm not sure that's standard OP's). My instructor has called me several times to see if I need any help on the studying or any questions in general. They like to keep the classes small, which I think is great (3 in my class). I know 15 guys that have gone through their training over the past year and all were 100% satisfied. I finish up on the 2nd of Feb so I will provide feedback shortly afterwards. F.Y.I the course is $7,300 and the room they set you up with is $42 a night plus taxes which is discounted from the normal $75-$85 rate on the hotels website.