View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

He doesn't know Hoss, but he sleeps well under the blanket.
Yes he does..

It's amazing to me that Mr. Sky (the Forrest Grump of aviation apparently) lucks into a jump job one which many many people would gladly give an appendage to have and gets to do some of the most incredible flying known to man in some of the most gorgeous wild country on the planet. And his take on it was that he didn't get enough instrument time and it wasn't a prime airline time builder.

One mans lottery ticket is Skyhigh's burning hell. I for one am very happy that a no account, ungrateful, (attempted) ladder climber, like Sky is out of the business. There are plenty of folks who are hoping and praying for a chance to that kind of flying. And a guy like Sky is nothing but a career blocker to real pilot who loves to fly. Good riddance.

For everyone of Sky's bad examples and tales of losers and reprobates I know ten guys who made it. I know several who got on full time with BLM or the USFS which for Sky's information are (also by Sky's estimation) the holy grail of jobs. GOVERNMENT JOBS. They make more than mailmen, they live in really cool places and they have great medical, dental and retirement.

News flash!!!! Not everyone who gets into flying wants to be a major airline pilot. Try to keep that in mind Sky.