View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 03:02 PM
buzzpat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Urban chicken rancher.

Originally Posted by hoover View Post
I think that the military pilots are the best at what they do, but I do not agree that this statement makes them better commercial pilots. i haven't been in many combat experiences going into kalamazoo and international ops takes about an hr to learn. that being said the US military pilots are the best and there is no way I could ever do their job any better.
I didn't say it made them better, just that they bring something else to the table, and that there weren't a glut of them in the 1990s that affected commercial hiring. That being said, "International ops take about an hour to learn?" Not quite. After 20 years of international, I was always learning something. Its a completely different animal, and to be so naive as to think you can learn how to do it safely and efficiently in an hour, well, is a huge mistake and, quite frankly, shows how little you know about it. Flying into Kinshasa, Zaire, or Tokyo is not flying into Kalamazoo. Flying the NAT tracks is not flying a victor route. One day, I'm sure you'll agree.